Autonomous Vehicle Safety Operator
The Operator ensures that the AV is operating in a safe manner. Operators will be physically located on-board the vehicles to be able to engage with users directly and monitor the equipment locally.
You will be responsible for operating AV shuttles both in testing environments (no public passengers), and for public demonstrations (with passengers.)
The position is a good fit for individuals who are safety-oriented and cautious. You must be comfortable working with computers and machines. Your chief responsibilities will focus on monitoring the AV's movements and its systems for safe operations. Your secondary responsibilities will be to interface with passengers and/or answer questions they may have.
- Deploy and operate safely the Autonomous Vehicle on its designated route
- Assist in moving and transporting the vehicle to the route
- Perform light maintenance on the Autonomous Vehicle systems
- Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle
- Engage with customers and end users to ensure they are comfortable and safe.
- Collect data on vehicle operations
- Move the Autonomous Vehicle to the route from the depot by driving and backing up a large truck with 20' trailer. Loading and unloading the autonomous vehicle. Ensure proper strapdown before each tow.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications
- High school diploma required
- All other relevant Training and certification provided
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- 1-2 years work experience in a transportation, operations, or retail environment is required
- Additional technical or industry experience will be factored into hiring and compensation as appropriate
Skills and Knowledge Preferred:
- Aptitude for computer systems and software
- Safety-minded and cautious on the road
- Drivers license in good standing (CDL is a plus)
- Good communication skills to be able to interface with passengers or answer questions about the vehicle and the project.
- Desire to learn and grow quickly within a rapidly developing new industry
- Ability to lift, pull and push 50 lbs.
- Experience towing/strapping down a vehicle is a plus. Confident or willing to tow 3 tons.
- Travel requirement outside of immediate area (as a percent) 20-40%
Globally, Transdev is a leader in deploying connected and automated vehicle (CAV) systems into real commercial projects, with over 50 successful pilot operations in the past year and several regular operations in Florida.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status.