Instrument Tech II - Sterile Processing
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sterile Processing Tech (II)
Mount Carmel St. Ann's
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
* Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
* Generous paid time off programs
* Employee recognition incentive program
* Tuition/professional development reimbursement
* Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
* Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities' at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest - ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com!
About the job:
Sterile Processing colleagues are responsible for reprocessing reusable general hospital and surgical equipment and supplies, including: advanced surgical instruments and laparoscopic instruments, Orthopedic specialty instrumentation, and case carts.
What you will do:
* Perform decontamination, and sterilization process and procedures to ensure that each patient (and caregiver) has the safest, cleanest patient care environment possible.
* Have clear, upward career mobility including pay increases, leadership opportunities, and education assistance, all within Mount Carmel.
What we are looking for:
* Education: High School Diploma required
* Licensure/Certification: Healthcare industry certifications preferred
* 2+ years' experience in a healthcare environment preferred; industry certifications preferred.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.