Registered Nurse - Float Pool - FT Nights
Employment Type: Full-Time
12 Hour Night Shift
St. Francis Medical Center, a member of Trinity Health, is seeking a Full-Time Registered Nurse to join our team in the Float Department. Requirements include every other weekend , one premium holiday, and rotation through non-premium holidays.
Our colleagues are key to our ability to fulfill our mission here at St. Francis and we could not be more proud of our 'Healthcare Heroes'!!
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for implementing the nursing process in the care of adult and geriatric patients in the Float unit. Independently manages patient car. Consistently and intuitively anticipates the needs of the patient and makes clinical decisions, serving as a clinical resource to other team members.
Top Reasons to Work at St. Francis Medical Center:
* Amazing health benefits package
* Generous matching 403(b) retirement plan
* Career growth and advancement potential (including tuition reimbursement!)
* Supportive team atmosphere
* Alignment to a mission that is so important - if we have learned, it is that hospital employees are truly local heroes!
What your day will look like:
Full-Time, Nights 3 Twelve hour shifts 7:00 pm - 7:30 am
You will be responsible for:
* Performs an accurate and complete patient assessment on admission and at the frequency required by policy throughout the patient's hospitalization.
* Follows and utilizes nursing standards when collecting data and documenting patient responses to health deviations.
* Recognizes immediate need for intervention and takes appropriate actions.
* Analyzes initial assessment data to identify priorities for care based on biophysical, cognitive, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual
* Formulates appropriate nursing diagnoses or delineates problems based on data and assessments
* Works with the patient, physician, other team members, and patient's significant others to develop an individualized plan of care for the patient.
* Assures that discharge planning and patient education plans are appropriate to patient need, started at the time of admission, implemented and completed by the time of discharge and that patients understand the plan for transition and follow-up care once discharged
* License to practice as a Registered nurse in the state of New Jersey
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required
* AC LS preferred
* Certification in clinical specialty within 5 years of hire date
Are you ready to step up your potential and write your story with us? Apply today!
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.