Registered Nurse Full Time Nights- 5 W Post-Surgical Orthopedics & Neurology Nursing Unit
Employment Type: Full-Time
Up to $10,000 in incentives for joining our team!
This position accepts the responsibility and accountability for the delivery of patient care with the multidisciplinary team while using the nursing process and maintaining professional nursing standards.
Reports to: Clinical Nurse Manager
Key Working Relationships: Other nursing colleagues, ancillary & medical staff Primary Customer Groups: Overnight post surgical patients, families and visitors age/population of patients served
* Assesses and evaluates the patient's physical, psychosocial, environmental, spiritual, social and education needs and documents patient/family responses to nursing interventions while working collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to achieve desired patient care outcomes. (Adherence to policy, Problem Solving, Teamwork)
* Develops and implements patient's plan of care, including the discharge plan, based on standards of nursing practice, health center policy, and patient/family needs using clinical/critical thinking skills Reviews and updates the plan of care based on changes in patient's condition ((Problem identification, Problem solving). ).
* Guides and directs patient care activities for the above-indicated population, by utilizing clinical/critical thinking skills and evidence based practice (Problem Solving, Problem Identification).
* Provides daily direction and guidance to Licensed Practical Nurse and Nurse Assistant Provides, facilitates, and/or implements learning opportunities to meet the educational needs of patient/family by assessing the learning needs and formulating and initiating a teaching plan to meet those needs (Initiative, Adherence to Policy)
* Effectively communicates pertinent patient changes/conditions to colleagues and to multidisciplinary caregivers (Teamwork, Communication).
* Attends and participates in departmental/organizational meetings, in-services and educational opportunities. Department meeting attendance requirement: 80% with 50% in person if department meetings are available by webinar. (Communication/Adherence to Policy)
* Serves as a steward for the hospital's human and material resources. Meets productivity expectations of unit/department as defined by unit manager. Utilizes and maintains appropriate supplies in department. Supports staffing needs for patient care in multiple units, as needed, while being flexible with schedule and hours. (Teamwork, Adherence to Policy, Adaptability)
* Adapts positively to the ever changing health care environment by supporting technology and process changes. Willing to learn new things, is open to change and maintains a calm positive manner under stressful conditions (Self-Aware, Initiative, Adaptability).
* Identifies and takes action to solve problems, supports process improvement teams, which influence customer satisfaction, clinical outcomes and financial stability. (Problem Identification, Problem Solving).
* Documents patient information in the electronic/paper medical record in an accurate, timely manner. (Adherence to Policy)
* Delegates/supervises appropriately based on patient needs and the scope of practice. (Communication, Teamwork)
* Maintains required department confidentiality and abides by HIPAA regulations.
* Provides competent patient care to the above indicated patient populations by obtaining and appropriately interpreting data, making appropriate decisions based on demonstrated knowledge of age-specific growth and development, and appropriately adapting procedures and treatments.
* Takes an active role in enhancing ability to carry out job functions through personal and professional/job-related growth and development, and participates in medical center and/or departmental education programs.
* Communicates with and performs duties following the philosophy of MercyOne - North Iowa and the Sisters of Mercy reflecting the organization's Mission, Values, and Cultural Beliefs.
* Supports and abides by all medical center, departmental, and safety policies and procedures. Proactively identifies safety concerns surrounding the work environment.
* Performs other responsibilities as requested by supervisor, manager or department head.
Participates on shared governance councils, department/house wide committees/work teams as requested Serves as a preceptor for new staff
* Current RN licensure in the state of Iowa, or qualified multistate licensure required
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
* Previous experience in acute care preferred.
Special Skills and Competencies:
* Preferred professional certification in related to clinical specialty (from the Magnet approved certifications)
* Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and flexibility to meet department needs.
* Self-motivated, detail oriented individual able to work with minimum supervision.
* Completes the following mandatory courses:
* Must provide proof of Basic Life Support (BLS Healthcare Provider, American Heart Association; or American Red Cross, Professional Rescuer-LIVE class only) via current card prior to employment or within 60 days of hire and maintains current status.
* Completes Mandatory Reporting: Child and Dependent Adult Abuse requirement within 6 months of hire and renews this requirement every 5 years.
* Completes Cardiac Dysrhythmias and Management class or equivalent within 3 months of hire, and annual skill validation for Cardiac Dysrhythmias
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.