Waste Water Treatment Technician - 2nd shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Waste Water Treatment operator processes manufacturing rinse waters and plating waste in accordance with RCRA regulations and parameters established by the Littleton/Englewood industrial wastewater discharge permit. Responsibility varies by level.
The hours for this 2nd shift position are 3-11:30 PM, with some overtime as needed. This position is located at our building address of 10570 Bradford Rd., Littleton, CO.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operation and maintenance of Trionetics Ion Exchange System.
* Monitoring of Trionetics system performance using Atomic Adsorption.
* Operation of RotaCat electrowinning system for Cu recovery from IX regeneration solution.
* Operation of chelated metals removal ion exchange system.
* Change out of ion exchange resin.
* Batch precipitation and filtration of plating waste.
* Operation, cleaning and filter cloth replacement of a J-Press plate & frame filter press.
* Receipt and storage of waste treatment process chemicals.
* Proper handling of hazardous waste per RCRA regulations and as outlined in departmental work instructions.
* Preparation of waste for shipment, according to RCRA regulations (labeling, manifests, etc.).
* Discharge sample collection and shipment to lab for wastewater discharge compliance.
* Preventive Maintenance - calibration of Signet pH and ORP sensors, pneumatic pumps, magnetic drive pumps, metering pumps.
* Chemical make-up of reagent tanks.
* Inspection of wastewater collection system, tanks and sumps.
* Paperwork - Operator's Log, labeling, manifests, materials requisition.
* Maintenance of a clean work environment.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Able to communicate fluently (read, write, and speak) in English.
* Able to understand and follow daily work direction and process instructions from supervisor or other qualified person in English.
* Ability to understand and follow posted procedures.
* Ability to understand and follow all safety codes.
* Familiarity with water and/or wastewater treatment methods and regulations.
* Ability to lift up to 50-60 lbs. and work in noisy environment (hearing protection provided)
* Ability to work in chemical environments.
* Ability to stand on feet for 8 hours
* Meet all safety requirements for performing duties.
Wastewater treatment experience preferred. Electroplating or printed circuit board manufacturing experience helpful, but not required. Certifications or licenses in waste treatment or handling of hazardous waste a plus.
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual origination, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.