Field Relief Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Return to Job Search
Field Relief Manager
If you are good at managing people and relish variety in your life, consider becoming U-Haul's newest Field Relief Manager. As Field Relief Manager you will fill in for General Managers at U-Haul Centers in your area, providing coverage as needed to provide exemplary customer service.
U-Haul offers its Field Relief Managers:
* Career stability
* Opportunities for advancement
* Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
* Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
* Life insurance
* MetLaw Legal program
* MetLife auto and home insurance
* Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
* 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
* 24-hour physician available for kids
* Dental & Vision Plans
* Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
* Business and travel insurance
* YouMatter EAP
* LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
* Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Field Relief Manager Primary Responsibilities:
* Provide coverage for General Managers on leave by enforcing policies, inventory practices, etc.
* Inspect and assist at centers to stay apprised of all programs
* Hire and train new team members
* 1-3 years of management experience in retail or other service industry with responsibility for financial results and customer satisfaction
* Previous management proficiency in high volume retail with profit and loss (P&L) accountability
* Valid driver's license and the ability to maintain a good driving record
* Able to work weekends and holidays
* Computer expertise
* High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.