Industry: Information Technology
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Responsible for the management of a major department, function, team, or geography within the Information Technology organization. Focuses on IT business systems analysis, IT development, and/or IT technology. Develops and executes IT strategies in support of business capabilities. Manages the development and establishment of department standards and procedures. Directs and coordinates system analysis efforts to maintain and upgrade current systems. Manages hardware, software, and/or enterprise related technology. Leads meetings to translate high level business requirements into functional specification and manages the specification changes
- Manages a major department, function, team, or geography within the Information Technology organization. Focuses on IT development, IT technology and/or IT business systems analysis.
- Provides leadership to the business analysis team
- Oversees all steps of system development life cycles to assure conformance with established standards.
- Conducts strategic planning activities including communication of organization unit strategy with IT staff. Negotiates with business to prioritize requests that support business objectives and drives business assessment of project cost/benefits. Works with Portfolio Management to manage project prioritization and provides input for business assessment of project cost/benefit analysis. Develops technology plans aligned with business and IT strategies and proposes changes to systems & service portfolio
- Manages meetings with business leadership to identify and validate system requirements and processes. Supports businesses with building business plans including ROI and benefit/cost analysis
- Provides direction and assistance to complete analysis of systems, networks, enterprise technology, software, and/or other related IT technology projects and programs.
- Develops long and short-range strategic operating plans for the implementation and
- deployment of IT Services.
- Monitors and coordinates the installation of new and enhanced systems with user departments.
- Determines the appropriate staffing for assigned IT Services. Directs the selection and training of personnel within the limits of organization administrative policy
- Responsible for Service Level Agreements or Operational Level Agreements for assigned IT Services.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing feedback and guidance, and ensuring that all
- policies are understood and followed.
- Read and follow the Underwriters Laboratories Code of Conduct, and follow all physical and digital security practices.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline plus generally eight years of directly related experience. People management experience is needed.
- Experience in leading Salesforce teams
- Experience in full cycle Salesforce implementations is a big plus. Salesforce configuration, development or administration skills are a plus
- Demonstrated ability to perform management functions such as managing staff, budget, projects performance through development of performance standards, managing employee relations issues, identifying training needs and planning to address those needs, planning staffing levels, assisting in long range operational planning, recommending annual operating goals and budgets, developing strategies to achieve goals, and maintaining budget performance
- UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place. Business related travel on behalf of UL requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & Achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.