Multifamily Senior Loan Closing Administrator
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a Senior Multifamily Loan Closing Administrator, you will facilitate and administer the processing and closing of multifamily or other commercial real estate (CRE) loans secured by first mortgages on investor owned (non-owner occupied) properties. You are responsible for file/data management and closing of loans from application through loan documentation and funding.
* Analyze and review various third-party documents and reports, including title insurance, escrow, personal credit, appraisals, environmental, property and liability insurance, and complex borrowing entity structures. In addition, analyze underlying title exception documents with emphasis on impact to lien priority and use of collateral. Identify title, property insurance, zoning, vesting, or other issues that require analysis and resolution prior to approval, documentation and funding of loans.
* Partner with underwriters to identify credit or property issues that require further investigation and resolution prior to approval. Collaborate with production officers and staff to acquire sufficient information for credit recommendations, to address credit concerns, and to document/close loans.
* Prepare loan documents, escrow recording instructions and other ancillary documents in form and content that ensures a first lien priority for the Bank's collateral.
* May conduct peer review of others' loan packages for approval.
* Complete work in accordance with Umpqua Bank's documented procedures reflected in the Commercial Resource Library and the Multifamily Loan Processing/Closing Procedures. Any exceptions are documented and approved.
* Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
* Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience as a Paralegal or other Real Estate specialty.
* 8+ years of Multifamily and or commercial real estate experience. May be a combination of processing, underwriting, originating, or brokering sales of loans for commercial real estate but must include experience providing a strong knowledge of real estate loans, loan documentation requirements, and state real estate regulations and requirements.
* Extensive knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the multifamily and commercial real estate (investor owned income property) lending field.
* Extensive knowledge of real estate legal principles, including lien priority law and regulations, pertaining to multifamily and commercial real estate.
* Proven ability to analyze preliminary title reports, credit reports, flood maps, survey and other land development reports. Experience with commercial properties is a plus.
* Skills in database, spreadsheet and word processing software (Microsoft Office Suite preferred).
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
* Occasional Office environment
* Occasional travel.
No relocation is offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made 'Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For' eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
No relocation offered