Warehouse Team Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Team Leader position is responsible for driving current and future warehouse performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using Covington Logistics operating framework. This includes managing your area of responsibility on your assigned shift.
* Responsible for performing job functions in a manner that promotes a safe work environment, including compliance with confined space, PPE, fall protection, and all other safety policies and practices.
* Active member of the Warehouse department and supports the team culture of the Covington Plant through participation and leadership
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with all GMP and quality requirements, including the cleanliness of the novelty area.
* Monitors equipment for malfunctions and performs minor repairs when needed. Communicates with management and maintenance department regarding reoccurring problems and repair needs.
* Performs preventative maintenance checks on equipment and troubleshoots processing problems and minor mechanical problems. PM examples include routine brine checks and extractor rebuilds.
* Plays an active role in WCM including participation in the creation and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, the creation and maintenance of WCM standards, the writing of One Point Lessons, and participation in Kaizen events.
* Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product
* Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager in the areas of
receiving, batching, pasteurization, ingredient preparation and weighing, rework and sanitation.
* Coordinates work to ensure safe & quality output and can identify value added work when systems are in idle state
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and able to send out reports to site leadership
* Validated in department position(s) and capable of performing those tasks if the need is present
* Escalates to management any major discrepancies
* Responsible for reviewing and ensuring accuracy of documents
* Has the ability to identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence
* Responsible for safety and quality reporting and completing investigations following WCM methodology
* Has basic knowledge of all processes and procedures with understanding of flow in department. Fully understands and monitors requirements associated to GMP
* Able to communicate and work effectively with multiple departments and the corresponding leaders
* Reliable team member in good standing with attendance policies
* Trains peers to standard operating procedures while ensuring MOO is followed and understood
* Managing the operational cost of assigned area on assigned shift including controlling overtime
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.