Customer Service Specialist - Military - Remote Position in CA or OR
Employment Type: Full-Time
To complete a variety of specialized duties that support functional operations in UNFI International / Military. Works with International / military team and customers to assist with order processing, communication with vendors, customers, warehouse team, freight forwarders and brokers. Provides recurring reports and develops ad hoc reports needed to monitor company and customer businesses. Analyzes data, prepares and presents results in order to identify and/or resolve business problems as well as drive business actions in often-critical areas. This is a remote position, but looking for a candiate to be located in CA.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Responsible for effectively supporting international / military sales teams and customers through direct customer support by growing relationships with smaller accounts in specific markets.
* Maintain customer service levels by timely order processing, tracking vendor deliveries, invoicing and document reviews.
* Prepares order estimates with dating and follows through with all requested changes.
* Works closely on routing, freight forwarders and distributors to ensure smooth delivery of all international / military orders.
* Responds to requests from Category Director, Division Manager or Vendors and makes sales calls on potential new or current items with potential sales in specific area.
* Advise the department management of any delays, problems and/or questioned any irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
* Assist with customer claim processing and disposition.
* Evaluates data using Access, Excel and other tools to identify root causes and possible solutions to company and customer business issues and to support business project and change needs; sources and manipulates data from company and customer.
* Record, confirm and reconcile weekly inventory and Purchase Order (PO) quantities from military distributor warehouses from online data or spreadsheets from distributors. Communicate inventory status with sales teams and brokers.
* Sorts, files and maintains invoices, receipts, or other special department documentations
* Provide support to managers and team, with pricing, Account Payables, Account Receivables and daily office needs
* Responds to inquiries in area of responsibility. Collects data/information for department use in special projects or reports
* Updates information and reports typically on the computer
* Checks information for accuracy, prepares and balances data
* Answers department phones as needed and routes to appropriate area.
* Perform other relevant job duties as required.
* Bachelor's or Associate degree preferred or equivalent related experience
* 0-2 years related experience and/or training
* Ability to analyze customer department and determine sales opportunities
* Ability to prioritize to meet objectives
* Motivated and self-starter
* Good oral, written and technical communication skills
* Good customer relations and diplomacy
* Good negotiation, organization and planning skills
* Excellent presentation skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
* Additional Locations: United States of America, Oregon, Medford; United States of America, California, Roseville; United States of America, California, San Diego; United States of America, California, Stockton; United States of America, California, LIVERMORE; United States of America, California, Rocklin; United States of America, California, San Francisco; United States of America, California; United States of America, California, COMMERCE
* Schedule: Full-time