Employment Type: Full-Time
Description - External
UNFI is searching for a General Manager to join our team to start up our new Allentown, PA distribution center overseeing all aspects of warehouse and transportation operations.
Do you want to be a part of a mission that matters? UNFI is North America's Premier Food Wholesaler. We transform the world of food for our associates, customers, suppliers and the families we serve every day. With deeper full store selection and compelling brands for every aisle, built on an unmatched heritage in great food and fresh thinking. And smarter food solutions, from fulfillment to insights and beyond, that help entrepreneurs and major brands alike unlock their full potential and transform their businesses - for the better. Better Food. Better Future.
Through a constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company, the General Manager is responsible for the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the facility has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiencies.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the distribution center.
* Implements cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages, and salaries.
* Manages capital asset maintenance. Controls and minimizes operating expenses.
* Maintains existing facilities and equipment. Replaces or makes adjustments to warehouse facilities and equipment when necessary.
* Spearheads the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes to allow company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, and business goals and objectives.
* Assumes responsibility for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes. Provides timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the warehouse as required.
* Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel, designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
* Motivates and leads a high performance management team. Attracts, recruits and retains required members of the team as needed. Provides mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
* Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with vendors, suppliers, and all business partners. Ensures the OSHA requirements and all Federal and State Law and compliance are effectively implemented.
* Ensures sanitation meets UNFI requirements for all areas of warehouse and fleet. Ensures forklifts, trailers, trucks, stackers, ladders, pallets, shelves, and Warehouse machinery are in safe operating condition.
* Performs duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location.
* Bachelor's degree preferred and/or equivalent related experience.
* 5+ years of experience in a related General Manager role within a fast-paced distribution center with at least 2+ years leading both the Warehouse and Transportation departments. Food distribution experience strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of budgeting, supply contracts, and shipping requirements. Excellent understanding of Profit and Loss statements.
* Understanding of Inventory Control and Management procedures.
* Understanding of Material Handling Equipment Operations and Maintenance.
* Knowledge of OSHA, HAACP and Sanitation standards.
* Knowledge of Safety and Loss Prevention.
* Understanding of DOT Regulations, Outbound Transportation systems, and radio frequency systems.
* Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems.
* Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams and at least one other department outside Operations (i.e. Inventory Control or SLP or both).
* Previous change management experience (driving, influencing, and inspiring change through communication at all impacted levels).
* Experience leading projects such as business transfers, new facility openings, software implementations, etc.
* Ability to use all related maintenance equipment and computer applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
* Schedule: Full-time
* Additional Locations: United States of America
* Schedule: Full-time