Employment Type: Full-Time
UnityPoint Health - Black Hawk Grundy Mental Health Center is comprised of a team of dedicated mental health professionals providing a wide-range of services for children and adults with a variety of mental health concerns. We are seeking a master's level licensed social worker or mental health counselor to join our committed treatment team to provide diagnostic services and outpatient therapy in a school-based setting. This position requires collaboration and consultation with client's family members, school staff, and other professionals involved in the client's care and treatment. Applicants should have a desire to advocate for mental health and providing education and support to caregivers, students, schools, and others in the community. If you are interested in working with a diverse population, aiding youth who have experienced trauma, engaging in multi-disciplinary care coordination, and therapeutically addressing the mental health needs of youth, we encourage you to apply!
* Perform psychiatric evaluations to students referred.
* Provide behavioral health interventions including individual, group and/or family therapy using a brief, solution focused approach to problems and interventions tailored to specific treatment plans.
* Process new referrals to school-based services; making contact with guardians, obtaining signed agency forms for treatment.
* Provide care coordination or case management services to those served including but not limited to; information and referral services, education, consultation, appointment scheduling, and participation in school meetings.
* Document all services provided using Black Hawk Grundy Mental Health Center's (BHGMHC) Electronic Health Record as outlined by managed care/insurance company requirements, BHGMHC expectations, and state standards.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
* Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
* Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
* Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
* Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
* Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
* Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
* Master's Degree
* 1-3 years of mental health experience.
* Experience working with children, adolescents and families.
* Familiarity with the DSM 5.
* LMSW, or TLMHC, or TLMFT, in the State of Iowa
* Diagnostic skills using the DSM 5.
* Familiarity with community resources.
* Travel to schools buildings is required; must possess valid license and vehicle.
* Ability to form working relationships with clients, families, school staff and other treatment providers.
* Actively engaged in licensure supervision while LMSW, TLMHC or TLMFT in accordance with regulatory standards.