Jockey Truck Driver 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Must be 18 years of age.
* Minimum 12th grade basic education completed.
* Minimum of 6 months of experience driving a commercial vehicle or yard jockey truck is required.
* Working knowledge of vehicle parts, and how to handle minor repairs to ensure equipment is in proper operating conditions
* Successful completion of forklift driver licensing process within 4 months of hire.
* CDL license is not a requirement for this position.
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to pass a driving test / skills evaluation in yard jockey truck.
* Ability to strap loads and tarp as required.
* Ability to determine if vehicle is properly loaded and if weight distribution is adequate.
* Ability to drive and perform duties in a safe manner.
* Ability to identify equipment malfunctions and determine safe operation of the vehicle.
* Proficient in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking.
* Ability to work in a wide range of weather conditions.
* Ability to interact with co-workers, customers and vendors.
* Good understanding of efficiencies and productivity measures.
* Ability to pass a drug test.
* Ability to work hours mandated by management.
* Safety conscious
* Team player and goal oriented
* Leads by example and positive attitude
* Good communicator, customer service oriented and problem solver
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results