Employment Type: Full-Time
Springwoods Behavioral Health is seeking a dynamic and talented Intake Counselor / Therapsit for PRN, weekends to be includded.
Springwoods Behavioral Health is an UHS affiliated 80-bed acute care behavioral health facility located in Northwest Arkansas and has been providing quality health care to the residents Northwest Arkansas since 2009. The hospital provides 24-hour acute care behavioral health services.
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nations largest and most respected health care management companies operating through its subsidiary acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 90,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence, and compassion.
Licenses or Certifications: Current licensure by the State of Arkansas; certification by the Academy of Certified Social Workers is preferred, eligibility required. Current Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) OR Current licensure and registration by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse preferred. Current CPR and AED certifications, or must obtain within 90 days of hire. Successful completion of the American Nursing Association Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse program with credentialing is preferred.
Current Arkansas Driver's License.
Total education, experience and Licenses or Certifications: RN or Master's Degree in Psychology, Sociology, or a related degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Sociology or related field required. A minimum of two years clinical experience in a behavioral health setting preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to assess the physical, emotion, and psychological needs of patients.
* Ability to determine suitability of admission to the hospital based on clinical and financial criteria.
* Ability to make independent and responsible decisions.
* Good knowledge of admitting and insurance verification.
* Must have ability to work under stressful circumstances with frequent interruptions.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills are required to communicate with patients, families, referral sources, community agencies, and staff. Knowledge of telephone etiquette is required.
* Skill sets to interact with patients, physicians, families and hospital personnel.
* Work is of medium demand, requiring heavy telephone and personal contact with patients, referral sources, community agencies, and insurance companies.
* Physical demands include but not limited to: walking, standing, and sitting.
* Challenging and rewarding work environment
* Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
* Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
* 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
* Tuition Assistance (If offered)
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449