Guest Services Ambassador
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join UChicago Medicine, as a Guest Service Ambassador in the Patient Navigation Services Department at our Hyde Park Campus.
Reporting to University of Chicago Medicine (UCM) Guest Services Program Manager; The Guest Services Ambassador is responsible for providing a welcoming, high quality and supportive hospital service experience for patients, families, visitors and staff. The position is responsible for responding to the needs of these customers by providing information, high quality service and support in a timely manner. Individuals in this position are expected to behave in a positive and enthusiastic manner as they are often the first contact patients and visitors will have with UCMC. In this role, the Guest Services Ambassador will serve as a service ambassador for UCMC and will be held to the highest standards of customer service, recovery, and excellence. Our goal is to build a team of high energy, goal- oriented future leaders, who will go 'above and beyond' to make each encounter memorable here at UCMC; this will sometimes require the Guest Services Ambassador to 'step outside the box' to provide service recovery and other accommodations to ensure that a solid foundation is set for a positive patient experience.
Essential Job Functions
* Initiates greetings and positive interaction with patients, visitors, and staff. Provides a welcoming impression and conveys clear, precise information and directions, in both face to face and telephone encounters. Approaches all encounters with customers in a courteous, respectful, attentive, and service oriented manner representing the professional image of UCMC and its mission, vision and values. Respects all patients' privacy, perspective, priorities, time, and abilities. Complies at all times with Guest Services policies and procedures to ensure high quality service deliver; and also supports other departments as needed. Assists patients' and visitors with escorts to and from their desired locations when requested. Assist with Patient information lookups and appointment verifications
* Provide service recovery for patients/guests
* Collaboratively work with other departments during process improvement events; such as, 'Kaizens' and patient centered 'Day in the life' events. These experiences are used to proactively identify and participate in opportunities to enhance patient experience in our areas; such as, altering check in processes for patients to make more efficient, etc.
* Provide tours for both internal and external groups
* Assist patients/guests with locating outside resources; such as, lodging, local restaurants attractions, taxi/ medical transportation services as needed
* Provide 'special' escorts and orientations for new patients in key areas such as; Oncology and other high volume clinical areas to ensure the patient is smoothly acclimated.
* Performs other duties assigned.
* College degree preferred
* 5 years Customer Service experience preferred
* Healthcare experience preferred
* Job Type/FTE: Full-time
* Shift: Day
* CBA Code: Non-Union
* Location: Hyde Park Campus in Chicago, IL
* No Visa Sponsorship Available
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious e