Employment Type: Part-Time
University of Colorado - College of Arts and Media
Lecturer - Sculpture
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
This posting will establish and maintain a pool of Lecturers for the College of Arts & Media Visual Arts Department in the area of Transmedia. Candidates hired from this pool will fill temporary, non-tenure track positions and will teach no more than two courses per semester. Appointments will be part-time (less than 50%) and will be made semester-by-semester, depending on the needs of the department. Therefore, this posting does not necessarily reflect a current open position.
This position reports to the Visual Arts Department and the Transmedia Sculpture Area.
Examples of Work Performed:
* Instructing students to use sculpture as a tool for creative expression
* Evaluating sculptural projects for conceptual and technical merit
* Introducing students to diverse processes, media and equipment to advance their creative practice and self-expression skills.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary depends on the number of credit hours per class and ranges from $1,265 to $4,815 per course.
The above salary rate represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the rate at the time of posting.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to demonstrate sculptural techniques to students
* Knowledge of historical and contemporary fine artists, genres, and styles
* Knowledge of contemporary fine art practice in global context that links screen based technology with studio practice
* Ability to convey complex artistic theories and concepts to students
* Interest in mentorship of professional connections for students
* MFA in Sculpture, Studio Arts, Digital Media or Architecture or relevant course of study
* Broad knowledge of wood, metal and or foundry practices
* Ability to teach and work with a diverse student body
* Exceptional communication skills.
* Familiarity with safe work practices
* Expertise in leading critiques of sculptural work
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
* 2-3 years teaching experience
* Skills in installation, performance and or electronic media
* Multidisciplinary arts practice
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/careers, refer to job posting 04039.