Employment Type: Full-Time
Coordinates, writes and produces mid-level programs and content for Houston Public Media (HPM). Determines the production needs of programs to best achieve project and organizational objectives.
* Develops and produces media for various projects in accordance with PBS Editorial Standards.
* Oversees and provides guidance to junior production staff in the creation, writing and production of programs and content.
* Coordinates media distribution and promotion across all platforms.
* Conceives, develops and/or transforms program ideas and concepts into programs and/or promotional spots.
* Keeps abreast of changes in media landscape.
* Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of education.
This position is in the Creative Services department within Houston Public Media. Primary responsibilities of this position include the conceiving of, writing, producing, shooting, and editing video and digital assets for marketing, promotional, and programming content. You'll collaborate with the creative team and key project stakeholders to produce video and digital content that meets quality standards and brand guidelines - maintaining a variety of projects and work with varying production styles depending on the needs of the project. You will also support our newsroom, digital, development, and special projects teams as needed.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
1) Strong shooting and editing skills in a digital and non-linear editing workflow.
2) Advanced knowledge of pre-production, production, and post-production workflows.
3) Software skills required include Adobe CC suite including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, and Media Encoder.
4) Advanced knowledge of HD cameras and videography and proper lighting techniques.
5) Familiarity in creating and/or manipulating motion graphics into video assets.
6) Possess a strong understanding of fundamental design, a strong sense of color, typography, and composition.
Note: All applicants please provide a resume, CV, website, demo reel or sample links of work.