COAAP Student Assistant - POOL Student Hourly
Employment Type: Full-Time
The student assistant:
* Works at the front desk of the COAAP office (Summerfield Hall 315) and oversees the reception area.
* Answers phone calls, responds to emails and online chat, and greets in-person visitors.
* Provides accurate information about our services and KU to students, parents, guests, faculty, and staff in a timely manner.
* Assists incoming students with Orientation registration and current students with scheduling academic advising appointments.
* Supports COAAP through office organization, printing, copying, scanning, mail distribution, document creation, data entry, and other projects.
* Utilizes various technologies and software to accomplish job responsibilities.
* May be responsible for opening and/or closing the office.
To be determined with student and supervisor.
Will fall within 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday to Friday business hours.
Approximately 15-25 hours per week during summer term, and 10-15 hours per week during fall/spring semester.
* Undergraduate student that has completed at least two semesters at KU.
* Enrolled at KU in at least 6 credit hours during the fall/spring. During summer, the student assistant must be enrolled in at least 6 hours in the past spring semester, or enrolled in at least 6 hours for the upcoming fall semester, or be enrolled in the summer session.
* Good academic standing with at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
* Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by application materials.
* Customer service experience as demonstrated by application materials.
* Campus involvement through student organizations, experiential learning, or leadership positions as demonstrated by application materials.
* Availability to work during the summer and academic school year (internships and study abroad can be exceptions during the academic year).
* Demonstrated KU knowledge: academic, extracurricular, procedural.
* Demonstrated experience using technology, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams).
* Excellent oral communication skills.
* Ability to problem solve.
* Ability to manage situations in a calm and professional manner.
* Open to sharing experience as a KU student with students, parents, and guests.
* Sensitivity to needs and concerns of students, parents, and guests.
* Flexibility with schedule with advance notice to participate in COAAP initiatives and activities.
* Ability to work upper end of listed hours per week.
* Availability to work during the middle of the day.