Machinery Mechanic-Facilities Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
We want to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient and recommend the following tips:
* Prior to applying, please provide all of your applicable experience and education relevant to the job requirements.
* Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
* Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
* All online assessments are completed online. After you submit an application, if an assessment is required, an email with instructions to complete the assessment will be sent to you. In the event you need access to a computer, please consider visiting the WIN Job Center or your local library.
Once you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if we would like to discuss your application.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please feel free to check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Institutional Services (Non-Faculty Only)
Fac Services-Plumbing Shop
Main Campus Jackson
Machinery Mechanic-Facilities Services
Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Skill in performing routine maintenance and repairing machines. Interpersonal skills to work with staff and superiors. Ability to apply work place safety and environmental practices. Ability to withstand exposure to noise and work with/around potentially hazardous equipment and conditions
Education & Experience
Four (4) years of related experience.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: Valid Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Skill in performing routine maintenance and repairing machines. Interpersonal skills to work with staff and superiors. Ability to apply work place safety and environmental practices. Ability to withstand exposure to noise and work with/around potentially hazardous equipment and conditions.
* Dismantles machines and removes parts for repair; installs, replaces, or changes machine parts and attachments according to specifications.
* Cleans machines using cleaning solvents, cloths, air guns, hoses, vacuum, and/or other equipment.
* Lubricates or applies adhesives or other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment.
* Operates machine shop equipment such as engine laths, drill press, grinder, milling machine, and hydraulic press to fabricate equipment parts.
* Records repair and machine maintenance information. Reads work order to determine machines or equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
* Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of supplies and equipment; promotes continuous improvement in work place safety and environmental practices.
* The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
Requires frequent exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, frequent work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, frequent kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, occasional sitting, frequent standing, frequent twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):