Behavioral Health Therapist I
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Behavioral Health Therapist I will work within a co-occurring medication assisted treatment program serving adults with substance use disorders.
Responsibilities will include providing assessments in addition to individual and group therapy. Work schedule will include both onsite work, as well as some remote work via telehealth. The schedule for this position is M-F 530a-2p, and rotating/occasional Saturdays 7a-3p.
Prior D&A experience preferred.
* Participates in the quality assurance and performance improvement activities of the program.
* Completes clinical documentation on the same day of service delivery and provides clinical information to patient access representative personnel and insurance providers to ensure authorization for services.
* Reviews cases and/or groups periodically, as well as serious clinical patient condition changes with supervisor and other clinical personnel as indicated.
* Assesses changing needs of patients per guidelines for outpatient and/or partial hospitalization programs, and incorporates these into treatment plan and treatment plan review.
* Under direct supervision, conducts assessments of new patients using the identified format for documentation and clinical decisions regarding treatment, interventions and referrals, as instructed. Implements, improves, and adapts concepts, models, and constructs of treatment for application in service delivery to patients.
* Provides individual and group therapy to patients in the program and engages families in the assessment and treatment processes when indicated. Provides education to patients on recovery.
* Documents all assessments, treatment sessions, contacts, case management and other work done on behalf of patients according to guidelines.
* Discusses need for additional services with the clinical team to determine appropriateness of recommendations. Refers patients to other levels of care, community based self-help programs for recovery or other community social or human services as needed.
* Participates in regular treatment team meetings to discuss clinical cases, review and update patient treatment plans, monitor therapeutic progress and initiate recommendations for referral and continuing care.
* Maintains daily records of clinical productivity in the program as instructed.
* Creates a treatment plan that includes an effective continuum of therapeutic, supportive and other services for the patients a variety and complexity of needs serviced by the program.
* Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Education in school counseling, or related field required. (Successfully completed the educational requirements as defined in PA code Chapter 49.1/49.2, 2)
* One year of clinical experience preferred.
* Knowledge of psychiatric evaluation and assessment process, as well as application of current version of the DSM preferred.
* Experience in diagnosing and treating behavioral and psychiatric conditions preferred.
ATTENTION: A COPY OF YOUR GRADUATE LEVEL TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Passed the examination required by 49.11. relating to licensure examination. Must sign a license agreement and be actively working to obtain the Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW), or Licensed Family Marriage Therapist (LMFT) within 30 months of hire.
Comprehensive Crisis Management (CCMC) Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran