Environmental Services Associate - 2nd Shift - UPMC Memorial
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our team is growing and we have a variety of opportunities available for Environmental Services Associates - Evenings. If you're passionate about patient care and looking for a career that offers great benefits and plenty of room for growth, we invite you to explore this opportunity today!
This position is scheduled to work from 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 a.m. and every other weekend and holiday.
Clean all aspects of assigned areas, including patient rooms, public areas, offices and equipment, to meet Hospital and Department standards in order to promote the quality of care rendered in the environment. Move equipment, furniture, boxes, etc. and remove and hang blinds and curtains.
* Make beds, following established cleaning procedures in all patient discharge rooms and on-call rooms as assigned.
* Inspect and ensure that all assigned areas are properly cleaned and in good repair, report problems to the supervisor.
* Replenish paper towels, toilet paper, and soap in all locations of assigned areas to assure adequate supply.
* Clean all assigned areas, including patient rooms, public areas, toilets, procedure rooms, offices and equipment, following established procedures.
* Maintain assigned equipment in clean, working condition, reporting problems and suggestions to the supervisor.
* Remove trash from all assigned areas.
* Follow all safety and sanitation regulations.
* Move equipment, furniture, boxes, wash walls, spot carpets, etc. as assigned.
* HS Diploma/GED or one year previous job experience required in lieu of HS Diploma/GED or successful completion of the 5-week EVS training program.
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in order to successfully complete housekeeping duties.
* Ability to use housekeeping equipment.
* May in the course of duties be in rooms where medications are stored. No contact with medications is allowed.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Clearances must be dated within 90 days.
Act 33 with renewal Act 34 with renewal Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran