SQL Database Administrator
Employment Type: Full-Time
UVA Medical Center is seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator. The SQL DBA performs advanced implementation/support for systems application and monitoring; is responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers in support of business processing requirements; performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages; schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures; monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance; develops and promotes standard operating procedures; conducts routine hardware and software audits of server to ensure compliance with established standards policies and configuration guidelines; develops and maintains comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation; provides integrated team support and maintenance of Technical Services hardware and software; provides design and implementation support for server hardware Microsoft Windows operating systems virtualization Active Directory Group Policy TCP/IP/DHCP/DNS IIS SQL Exchange, Clustering, Load Balancing, SAN/NAS and advanced support.
The preferred candidate will have:
1. Experience installing/upgrading SQL versions, applying SQL patches, backup/recovery, and migration of data.
2. Experience with the SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, T-SQL, and SQL Server Powershell.
3. Ability to set up and maintain statistics, indexes, and agent jobs.
4. Advanced understanding of SQL Security including hardening and addressing SQL Server health assessment reports.
5. Provide Technical support for MSSQL databases including responding to help desk tickets and working with customers to resolve issues.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field required.
* 3 years of relevant experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Windows Server (versions 2012/2016/2017/2019 for both).
* Must be available to be on-site in Charlottesville, Virginia. Relocation reimbursement may be provided for the right candidate.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Position Compensation Range: $32.48 - $51.98 Hourly
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.