Team Lead, Account Servicing
Employment Type: Full-Time
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $4 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 4 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a 'Best Place to Work in the Bay Area' by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received 'Best Company for Women' and 'Best Company for Diversity' awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products to join a team of over 400 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
As a Loan Servicing & Collections, Team Lead, you will engage with our customers by phone and email providing the best in class service related to the status of accounts, payments and other concerns, while simultaneously supporting the rest of the floor in elevated tasks. You will be encouraged to collaborate with management and team members to accurately and efficiently assist our customers.
What you'll do
* When needed, answer incoming customer calls and emails regarding billing issues, service questions and general concerns.
* Be a daily key contributor to improving training and development by assessing new hire performance and setting expectations.
* Share your wealth of knowledge with the rest of the floor to improve team-performance and reinforce best practices.
* Reinforce superior quality assurance results and provide real-time coaching for the agents -Help set and maintain goals for the floor.
* Assist supervisors with elevated tasks.
* Coming to work with a positive outlook contributing to Upgrade's already enjoyable environment.
* Work to resolve customer escalations by building rapport and finding creative solutions.
What you need
* 6+ months in current role at Upgrade and in good performance standing
* Willingness to go above and beyond for the team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication combined with analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to business needs.
* Capability of gaining customer loyalty through listening, relationship building and professional and persuasive communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.