Team Lead, Account Servicing
Employment Type: Full-Time
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. In the last four years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $7 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card combines the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan. Our latest offering, Rewards Checking, gives customers access to no-fee checking accounts with 2% cash back rewards on common everyday spending. Learn more about the team.
Upgrade has been named a 'Best Place to Work in the Bay Area' by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received 'Best Company for Women' and 'Best Company for Diversity' awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 600 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
As a Loan Servicing & Collections, Team Lead, you will engage with our customers by phone and email providing the best in class service related to the status of accounts, payments and other concerns, while simultaneously supporting the rest of the floor in elevated tasks. You will be encouraged to collaborate with management and team members to accurately and efficiently assist our customers.
What you'll do
* When needed, answer incoming customer calls and emails regarding billing issues, service questions and general concerns.
* Be a daily key contributor to improving training and development by assessing new hire performance and setting expectations.
* Share your wealth of knowledge with the rest of the floor to improve team-performance and reinforce best practices.
* Reinforce superior quality assurance results and provide real-time coaching for the agents -Help set and maintain goals for the floor.
* Assist supervisors with elevated tasks.
* Coming to work with a positive outlook contributing to Upgrade's already enjoyable environment.
* Work to resolve customer escalations by building rapport and finding creative solutions.
What you need
* 6+ months in current role at Upgrade and in good performance standing
* Willingness to go above and beyond for the team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication combined with analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to business needs.
* Capability of gaining customer loyalty through listening, relationship building and professional and persuasive communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#06022021