UXDesign Principal Experience Technologist - React Front End Developer - Multiple Locations
Employment Type: Full-Time
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank's UX Design Technology is seeking a Sr. Experience Technologist to join our design systems team. You are a frontend web and mobile architect who is as passionate about modular design and great user experience as you are about atomic component architecture and automation of DesignOps and DevOps.
You will work in a rapidly growing, multi-discipline SAFe Agile environment - collaborating with research, UX, design, accessibility consultants, and other technology teams to build and deploy UI components and application frameworks for responsive web, mobile devices, and other platforms.
You will play a key role in building and maintaining our enterprise-wide US Bank Shield design system https://shield.usbank.com to deliver atomically structured, version controlled UI components utilizing modern tools and processes. You play an active consultant role in guiding and coaching the entirety of our digital property owners and technical partners for mobile, web and physical installations such as digital signage, in-branch interfaces, and ATM.
You are as comfortable counting pixels as you are using the command line for automated builds, NPM imports, and database management. You have deep experience working with cross-functional experience technology teams - as well as technology partners across the tech stack.
You know how to develop the UI layer for accessibility, reusability/extensibility, and you are passionate about testing, quality and PLC principles. You approach architecture from a solid understanding of the benefits of decoupled architecture, separation of concern, and strive for lightweight client-side interfaces that are reusable, re-brandable, and are semantically sound.
Responsibilities typically include:
* Libraries such as Redux/Flux, server-side orchestration/rendering, and configuring middleware infrastructures.
* Design and configure workflow and build-tool environments, automated testing, and accessibility testing tools.
* Leading, coaching, and training internal and vendor UI developers on the setup and use of our Shield design system for design, UI development, and workflow automation.
* Heavy experience with version control, SDLC practices, and design tool coding and automation.
* Write client-side UI and service layer architecture for sites, mobile apps, and service layers to create fast, easy-to-use, high volume experiences with security, compliance, and accessibility as primary requirements.
* Advise and guide experience teams and partner groups as to the technical feasibility and integration of next generation ideas from a development perspective.
* Provide oversight, guidance, and documentation for the implementation of web experiences to our technology partners including off-shore, vendor partners, and remote resources.
* Provide a detailed explanation to experience team members on approach and philosophy regarding the elements and components that comprise the digital user experience across platforms and omni channels.
* Provide production-ready components to our technology teams, along with unit testing, documentation, and assistance with integration, regression testing and QA validation.
* Collaborates with teams to guide agile planning and determine road maps to reach desired
* Leads community of practice efforts internally at US Bank and the broader experience technology community.
* Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping, estimation, and creation of technical solutions for new product capabilities in a CI/CD pipeline.
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
* Eight or more years of related work experience
* One to four years of team leadership experience
* Mastery of advanced development principles and best practices and interactive design processes, guidelines, and relevant policies, including current web accessibility standards.
* State management frameworks such as Flux, Redux, Hooks and mastery of JSX/ES6+.
* Advanced knowledge of CMS platform design and content integration headless architecture principles.
* Integration of analytics tagging frameworks and platform integration, performance, testing, and marketing tool integration - such as Adobe Target and Audience.
* Constantly evolving understanding of current trends and developments in the area of web, application and software development for web, and mobile, and services - such as web apps and micro-app architectures.
* Experience creating stories and requirements utilizing Agile methodologies and user-centered design feedback loops.
* Experience working in a cross-channel/omni environment - including kiosk, desktop/laptop, and mobile devices.
* Experience collaborating with and managing distributed teams and remote teams.
* Strong understanding of project life cycle methodology (PLM) and testing, performance, security, compliance, and accessibility methodologies.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.