Careers at SSA San Francisco Region/Auburn, WA Teleservice Center - Individuals with Disabilities
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Social Security Administration (SSA) is accepting applications from people who wish to be considered for employment under its Selective Placement Program. SSA seeks to recruit and hire applicants with targeted disabilities by aiding these individuals in obtaining employment consistent with their level of skills and abilities. Such disabilities include severe physical, cognitive, or emotional disabilities.
For more about Schedule A and eligibility requirements, please refer to this guide.
Learn more about this agency
* Your application will be placed into a pool of individuals with disabilities for evaluation and referral to selecting officials for non-competitive hiring.
* You may be contacted by interested selecting officials and asked to interview.
* We will not be able to provide status updates other than the receipt of your application via an acknowledgement email from USAStaffingOffice@opm.gov.
* You may update your application at any time until the closing date.
* This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies at any time without notification, in any series or grade. Typical job opportunities within SSA can include, but are not limited to, the following occupations:
* Administrative Support: Staff and Executive Assistants, Management Analysts
* Facilities and Physical Security: Physical Security Specialists, Safety and Occupational Health Specialists, Architects, Supply Specialists and Inventory Management Specialists, Mechanical, Industrial, and Electrical Engineers
* Finance and Accounting: Financial Management Analysts, Accountants, Budget Analysts, IT Specialists
* Human Resources: Management Analysts, Human Resource Specialists, Employee and Labor Relations Specialists, Equal Opportunity Specialists
* Information Technology
* Legal: Legal Support, Legal Assistants, Paralegal Specialist, Paralegal Analysts, Paralegal Specialists (Decision Writers), General Attorneys
* Public Contact: Claims Specialists, Customer Service Representatives, Benefit Authorizers
* Maintenance: Plumbers, Pipefitters, Carpenters, Electricians, Motor Vehicle Operators, Automotive Workers, Utility Systems Repairer-Operators, Materials Handlers, Distribution Facilities Electricians, Maintenance Inspectors
* Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship required
* Selective Service Registration, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
* Background and/or security investigation required
* Job offers are contingent on background / security investigation results
* Selectees are required to serve a 2-year trial period
* Relocation expenses will not be paid
* All required documents must be received by the closing date of the announcement
For consideration under the Schedule A non-competitive hiring authority, please submit the following:
* Documentation of your disability. Please see the Required Documents section below for examples of acceptable proof of an intellectual, severe physical, or psychiatric disability. FAILURE TO SUBMIT THIS CERTIFICATION WILL CAUSE YOUR APPLICATION TO NOT BE CONSIDERED UNDER THE SELECTIVE PLACEMENT PROGRAM.
* College transcripts (if applicable)
Applicants wishing to be considered for employment at SSA through the Selective Placement Program may also submit an application using SSA's competitive selection process by responding to a specific job opportunity announcement listed on SSA's job opportunity page at: https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/Results?a=SZ00&hp=public&p=1
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS: Claims Specialists, Customer Service Representative, and Benefit Authorizer
COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT INTERVIEW PROCESS (CAIP) INTERVIEW - Applicants will be required to participate in a panel interview (after basic eligibility determination) to demonstrate an aptitude for meeting and dealing with the public. Applicants must pass this interview process in order to be found fully qualified for this position and receive further consideration for selection. This interview will cover typical situations, which might be encountered on the job, in person or over the telephone. Applicants must demonstrate qualities such as clarity of speech, ability to listen, ability to establish confidence and put others at ease and the ability to organize and express thoughts clearly. If you do not pass the CAIP interview, you will not qualify for the job.
NOTE: Previous Meet and Deal results are not valid for this vacancy announcement; you will be required to complete the CAIP assessment.
Providing Proof of Education or Substituting Education
Some positions require proof of education or allow you to use your education to meet qualification requirements. For information on providing proof of education or substituting education for experience, visit https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=Group-Standards
If you are qualifying on the basis of education or satisfying an educational requirement, submit a copy of your transcripts that includes your name, the name of the educational institution, course title(s), number of credits, grade, and date of completion. Unofficial transcripts or screenshots of electronic/web transcripts with the required information will be accepted at the time of application. You must submit your transcripts according to the application submission details of this announcement. Documents will not be accepted via email or regular mail. If selected, you may be required to provide your official college transcripts prior to the effective date of the personnel action placing you into the new position.
Foreign Education: If your transcripts show education completed in foreign colleges or universities, you must also provide documentation that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in a conventional/accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. It is the applicant's responsibility to acquire U.S. Certification and provide it at the time of application. For a list of Credential Evaluation Services, log on to: Credential Evaluation Services.