Lumber Inside Sales Representative
Employment Type: Full-Time
Now Building Future Leaders!
R&K Building Supply, a Division of US LBM is seeking an Inside Sales Representative for our Gilbert, AZ location.
Were a people first company thats passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then apply now!
What you should know about working at R&K:
* We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on, and we band together when necessary.
* We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
* We are a relaxed atmosphere; this is not a suit and tie environment.
* We care about our communities. USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
* We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
* Were built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
How you will spend your days as an Inside Sales Representative:
* Promotes, sells, and secures new accounts for the company.
* Services existing accounts with necessary products, time and information.
* Assists with the selection of products best suited to customer needs.
* Prepares, coordinates and communicates price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, and service obligations to customers/contractors
* Resolves customer complaints and problems.
* Assists in the collection of accounts receivable.
* Prepares and inputs orders as necessary.
* Estimates the amounts of materials needed
* Review actual vs. estimated materials on completion on each project.
* Control expenditures to conform to company budgetary requirements.
* Complies with Company's attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
* Other duties as assigned by location management
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check these boxes?
Inside Sales Representative Requirements:
* Minimum education required - High School diploma or G.E.D.
* Minimum experience required - 3 years of sales experience in building materials or related industry.
* Special skills required - working knowledge of building materials industry and products, ability to negotiate prices for contractual agreements. Ability to interpret building plans in diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables. Ability to operate networked computer systems and specialized software programs.
* Special knowledge required - estimating from blueprints, ability to use calculator and computer.
* Must have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills.
* Must have a valid Arizona driver's license.
* Physical demands include the ability to drive up to 50% of the time, lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis and 50 lbs. on a random basis, and/or work in extreme weather conditions. Sitting, stooping, bending, standing or walking for extended periods of time.
Building Your Career With Benefits:
* The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days)
* The Good. 401(k) with company match
* The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
* Even Better. Employee Discounts and Company Cookouts.
* How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
* R&K offers an Advancement Program with the opportunity to be trained, increase pay rapidly and make this a career
Build Your Future Today With R&K.
R&K is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to being a welcoming workplace that includes partnering with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This helps us hold our mission of being the Employer of Choice while providing our employees with the ability to build their career. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veteran and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.