Sr. EDI Data Transmission Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position is responsible for developing and managing interfaces (1) between USA Truck internal systems and other USA Truck systems, and (2) between USA Truck internal systems and customer provided systems. These interfaces may utilize a variety of expert technologies, such as EDI, Microsoft SSIS, Cleo/Extol, Java/C#, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio.
* Has responsibility for ensuring that all development in a given platform meet the specifications in terms of business requirements, application design, and infrastructure requirements.
* Creates estimates for software development and delivery to ensure quality and accuracy.
* Works with project managers and business analysts to define product development tasks and estimates, proactively identify and resolve issues, and provide status.
* Ensure new development project and strategic initiatives that influence the technical investment of the platform conform to architectural standards.
* Supports research and development to evaluate emerging technologies and their potential to optimize the platform. Responsible for participating in architectural design and code reviews.
* Key contributor to the to the design phase of development projects including producing detailed design documentation.
* Complies with all standard practices, procedures and policies governing principal duties and responsibilities. Responsible for compliance to coding standards.
* Directly through providing EDI for core customers.
* Indirectly by promoting a winning culture and displaying winning attitudes.
* Promote high data quality ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Maintain knowledge of all EDI transactions and their interaction with TMW Products.
* Provide guidance to team members regarding EDI & TMW related needs.
* Be proficient in EDI products.
* Ability to deliver exceptional service through positive engagement and patience.
* Ability to work in a team environment to continuously improve results.
* Able to promote a culture of trust and safety.
* Provide guidance and mentoring to other team members.
* Open to Onsite or Remote work location.