NP/PA - Outpatient Transplant Nephrology - University Hospital
Employment Type: Full-Time
As an Advanced Practice Provider, you'll play an integral role in our care teams by providing high-quality, cost-effective care to patients.
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant to:
* Independently perform pre- transplant evaluations in potential kidney transplant recipeints.
* Independently perform long term follow up visits for kidney tranplant patients, managing immunosuppression and kidney transplant related co-mordibities.
* Perform evaluations on potential living kidney donors.
* Collaborate with other professionals in the multidisclpinary team, including nurse coordinators, physicians and fellows, in the of care of pre- and post-kidney transplant patients.
If Nurse Practitioner: Master's or Doctorate's degree from accredited Nursing Program.
If Physician Assistant: Bachelor's or Master's degree from accredited PA Program.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - State of Wisconsin NP or PA licensure
If Nurse Practitioner*:
* Active RN and APRN certifications and licenses, including prescriptive authority, in state(s) of practice AND
* Active board certification as a NP in area of clinical practice. These may include the following: Adult/Gero Primary Care, Adult, or Family.
If Physician Assistant*:
* Active PA license, including prescriptive authority, in state(s) of practice AND
* Active PA board certification
All Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant applicants must have*: Active DEA license or ability to apply for such license prior to or upon hire
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, women, and LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/vets.
100% FTE. Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.
Learn more about this opening
UW Medical Foundation benefits