Supervisor Customer Service
Employment Type: Full-Time
Supervisor Customer Service (USA_1924)
* ID: 9813-034
Vallen's Customer Service Supervisors assist Customer Service Managers with daily supervision responsibilities for all remote and physically present associates assigned to them by performing the following duties personally or through delegation to associates.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Associate Management
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Directly supervises associates including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
* Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
* Develops associate's skills and encourages growth
* Provide training on required systems
* Provide training for product and all technical competency
* Develop / establish motivating environment
* Develop and deploy succession planning
* Ensure compliance to variable pay plans
* Conduct annual performance of all direct reports
* Assists with managing sales, margin, and productivity budgets and forecasts
* Assists with managing Inside Sales staff performance
* Assists with managing pricing matrices and approval of all overrides
* Provide monthly / quarterly performance reports
* Drive digital utilization
* Assists with resolving customer complaints immediately
* Assists with monitoring segment performance through working of daily, weekly, monthly required reports
* Assists with ensuring compliance to service KPI Goals
* Working Capital
* Assists with managing company assets appropriately
* Assists with managing inventory information flow to purchasing
* Assists with ensuring adequate and timely billing of customer orders
* Assists with ensuring timely resolution of Accounts Receivable disputes
* Assists with ensuring all compliance to all customer contracts
* Assists with ensuring adherence to all pricing & freight policies
* Assists with ensuring compliance to company SOP's and Internal Control Standards
* Vallen Team
* Work with Vallen Business Partners to implement strategic initiatives
* Enable cross functional communication
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university preferred; or three to five years inside sales and supervisory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Direct Reports - 10 to 15 associates
* Inside Sales Gross Margin - up to $20 million
* Total Sales Volume - up to $100 million
* On site / storeroom responsibility
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as training instructions, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to interface in a customer responsive manner over the telephone and in person. Able to handle difficult customer situations with diplomacy.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* The individual must be entrepreneurial and assertive and possess the experience, skills, and attitude to be able to achieve the company's market share/revenue goals.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook,
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.