Trng & Curriculum Dev Specl
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Training and Curriculum Develop Specialist works in conjunction with the Director of Learning and Development and internal business groups to develop innovative training in multiple modalities to improve individual performance and support the advancement of Retail Associates and the Retail Middle Office. Prepares and delivers class materials in an engaging and professional manner and evaluates student progress.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for the research, development, management, delivery, effectiveness and evaluation of all assigned training programs and offerings.
* Outline the concepts for a course or curriculum, defining the course content delivery, assessments, accompanying materials and learning approaches, ensuring that programs are consistent across the Valley organization.
* Deliver and evaluate online & eLearning programs. Programs may be traditional & new eLearning courses, webinars (live or recorded), video shorts, gamified learning & other online learning mechanisms.
* Collaborate both face to face and virtually with other members of the Learning and Development team and other work groups to ensure business objectives are met through effective learning solutions.
* Work in partnership with subject matter experts to create role-based training, that aligns with goals, policies/procedures of the organization and the criteria of curriculum design and evaluation. Continuously evaluate presentations, job manuals and job aides.
* Perform all duties required for eLearning content launch, including testing, user assignment and notifications.
* Research computer learning software for delivering content to associates. Make recommendations for purchase and implementation of these potential resources.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of current and future training and communication offerings and make recommendations for improvement.
* Display consistent self-development and keep up to date of industry trends through research, meetings and self-learning to enhance personal and departmental learning and development.
* Ensures the integrity, consistency and quality of the work of trainees through advocating for processes and decisions, management feedback and driving new procedures and ideas.
* Administer and collect post class survey data. Present results to L&D Director.
* Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum design and development models, principles and practices.
* Ability to develop and implement curricula that will enhance the training experience for employees with a focus on Retail and Middle office.
* Proficient in training methodologies and soft skills (communication skills, critical thinking, time management, team building, etc.).
* Proficient in using and operating all remote learning tools independently (zoom, teams etc.).
* Knowledge of new training methodologies (gamified learning, eLearning).
* Very high energy, enthusiastic, motivational training style; able to present in front of groups or on video.
* Strong critical thinking skills; excellent creative and conceptual thinking abilities.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Proficient in MS Products & strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and web-based systems; in addition to Salesforce.
* Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, communication, presentation, facilitation and influencing skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Strong time management and multi-tasking skills; ability to prioritize assignments.
* High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 5 years of experience developing curriculum and conducting stand-up training or presenting related to the financial industry.
* Valid Driver's license.
* Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of eLearning instructional design experience or Salesforce experience preferred.
* Experience working with Retail and Middle Office organizations is preferred.