Solutions Architect - AWS Cloud Data
Employment Type: Full-Time
Global Investment and Finance Systems is looking for a Product (Solutions) Architect passionate about solving problems and using cloud-based technology solutions. If you are looking for a challenge, want hands-on experience with modern cloud technologies this is the job for you.
Our Product Architects help build an ecosystem where investment and technology professionals can work together and create and maintain innovative business solutions. We embrace and champion New Ways of Working (NWoW) and modern cloud-based technologies.
You would be interested in this role if ...
* You are an AWS Certified Solution Architect (Associate or Professional).
* You are passionate about working with innovative, next-generation technologies and have experience with custom (NGA, NGSA) and third-party cloud architectures.
* You have a growth mindset and are a lifelong learner.
* You have strong written/verbal communication skills.
* You are comfortable with both strategic thinking and getting your hands dirty helping development teams implement technical solutions.
* You are comfortable providing technical leadership and direction to global development teams.
* You thrive on working independently and collaboratively on multiple high priority initiatives.
In this role ...
* You will guide teams towards implementing modern cloud solutions and using contemporary development techniques to evolve and improve the application and client experience.
* You will play a key role in designing the future state application architecture of the applications that provide key reference and investment data to our trading platform and external websites.
* You will work with a variety of applications implemented using a mix of custom and vendor products.
* You will work closely with product owner(s) and product team(s) in the definition of roadmaps and architectures for a product or product family, according to business strategies and enterprise architecture
1. Owns the ongoing product roadmaps and architecture, according to business strategies and enterprise architecture
2. Collaborates with the broader architecture community to ensure that their products align with target architectures and technology roadmaps and provides input on required platform capabilities and improving development tools/processes
3. Works with other product teams, technology experts, and business stakeholders to provide functional support
4. Assists in the evaluation of vendors and products and participates in build vs. buy discussions with the product teams
5. Acts as highest-level technical expert, resolving issues, assessing any potential risks and identifying solutions
6. Provides technical guidance to product team(s) as appropriate
7. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects
8. Assists in the development of and management of architecture governance process(es)
9. Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies
10. Prepares and presents product-related documentation
11. Mentors less experienced crew members and contributes to overall development of the organization
12. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of eight years related work experience, with at least three years of technology architect experience.
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: 'Do the right thing.'
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.