Regional Head of Quality AME
Employment Type: Full-Time
Regional Head of Quality AME
US, Portland | Senior Management | Full-Time | ID: 18665
Are you looking for a new opportunity within a growing industry? Do you have extensive experience in globally established quality and are looking for the opportunity of supporting an innovative environment? Then we are looking for your leadership and skills at Vestas, the leader in Wind Power, for this solid opportunity.
Quality Director / Sr Director, Regional Head of Quality AME
Regional Quality Director will be an integral part of the Global Quality and Regional COO Leadership team and will improve sustainable and transformational change in the business. Combine technical knowledge with people, process, and organizational skills to deliver Quality and business improvements.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Regional Quality Director in conjunction with Regional COO Leader, assure the effective implementation, maturity assessment and improvement of all processes along the entire value chain to improve customer satisfaction and increase profitability in a safe working environment for all Vestas activities within a geographic area.
* Direct the expectation and culture of zero workplace injuries through supporting behavior-based safety, prompt root cause investigation, and management system compliance.
* Define the regional quality approach, prioritize goals and initiatives, together with the regional leadership team. Ensuring alignment with the Vestas Global Quality vision and targets.
* Direct and improve the regional quality agenda and communication to ensure achievement of regional quality targets, ensuring compliance to Quality ISO standards (audit program and findings close out)
* Part of the COO Regional Leadership team and the regional contact point to Global Quality, including escalations of quality issues outside the regional setup (Global functions, CIM cases QBD level 4+5).
* Ensure validated and on time formalized quality reporting according to Vestas's requirements and accounting principles. (Weekly, Monthly reporting and quality analysis)
* Partner with Value Chain Functions to improve Cost of Quality (total failure cost for warranty, scrap and rework) and bring improvements throughout the value chain
Continuous Improvement / Performance Excellence
* Define data based continuous improvement culture and ensure lessons learned inputs are captured and communicated/implemented in accordance with Vestas processes.
* Direct knowledge management process and ensure implementation of lessons learned and preventive actions are integrated into the global design standards and global procedures
* Collaborate across value chain to develop and monitor processes to meet expected customer service expectations and define improvement activities
* Liaising with customer teams in customer issues management, ensure Customer Cases are resolved on-time and in-quality and communicated to the Customer
* Define, develop, and guide the regional quality organization. Handle development of team members via the Vestas personal development process.
* Builds organizational capability and hires with future bench strength and succession in mind. Focuses on people development initiatives to continually build the capability of all function employees.
* Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of experience in Business, Engineering, Quality or Operations field · Expertise and understanding Project Execution and Manufacturing Quality function processes · Lean / Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Black Belt desired) - practitioner · Certified Lead Auditor for ISO 9001 standard - practitioner · Skilled in process deployment (BPMS) in complex organizations · Substantial experience of data analysis, having knowledge of relevant tools and methodologies · Customer focus, effective problem-solving capabilities, solid collaborator, and cultural sensitivity skills · Able to communicate across all levels to align expectations, engage the organization, monitor results, and establish solutions · Experience in organizing and influencing a team of Quality managers and cross-functional leaders in a large, multinational organizations · Must have a sense of urgency for change and improvement, and a balanced approach to risk taking and achieving results · Budget and Finance acuity
* Communication - Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts at all levels within the business. Possesses a leadership maturity that sets the expectation of communicating in a clear, concise, open, and transparent manner inside and outside of the region.
* Simplicity - Have an outside-in perspective to improve thinking and create Customer value. Ability to drive CI and strategy with clarity of intent. Proven history and solid ability to think strategically then translate strategic vision into tactical actionable plans that result in delivered business results.
* Collaboration - Demonstrate Integrity and Respectful behavior. Team Focus with skills for coaching, mentoring, and leader development. Values diversity and seeks to understand.
* Accountability - Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions and demonstrates commitment to accomplish work in an ethical, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
* Enthusiasm - Demonstrate pride in their work. Has courage to think differently and can inspire others to do their best. Shows perseverance, motivation, and focus on goals.
* Is globally and situationally focused to allow for quickly changing business needs in a global environment.
Key Achievement Factors:
* Improving Continuous improvement of the NPS score and Best for Customer culture in the Region
* Reduction in Field Failure rate, external and internal PPM and Cost of Poor Quality, improve Customer On-Time delivery
* Standardization and optimization business processes and tools across Region
* Completed ISO certification across Region
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer an attractive salary, and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and people with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
* This position is in one of the facilities in the region.
* Domestic and International Travel required as an essential element of the job.
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with +136 GW of wind turbines in 84 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and +117 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and tap into wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 29,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.