Senior Manager, Contracts
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Our Government business is growing rapidly and looking for a passionate, innovative professional to join our team and connect the world to more. You will work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? If you are passionate about developing creative business proposals and agreements that contribute to the success of the company then Viasat has a great career opportunity for you.
We are looking for an engaged, proactive, team-oriented Senior Contracts Manager to support Viasat's Tempe facility contracting efforts. As part of Government Systems Contracts staff, you will be assigned to Viasat's most significant production business and represent the company to a variety of customers. Responsibilities of this key position include hands-on transactional contracting assignments for US Government classified bids including design and development opportunities and related support business. You will be working primarily with the US government and commercial companies and empowered to propose, prepare and negotiate contracts and partner agreements.
You will lead cross-functional teams in negotiations and exercise independent judgment in managing all phases of contract execution and customer interaction. The ability to identify and articulate key deal points, conduct transactional risk assessment and mitigation, and prepare for and lead negotiations, as necessary. You must effectively and concisely communicate with various levels of internal management on contractual issues and offerings to develop and coordinate business positions and contractual terms. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner, have experience in creatively solving unique problems for improved results in a high volume fast paced environment, and be a self-starter with the ability to work within broad guidelines. You should have depth of knowledge in US Government acquisition practices and contracting regulations, developing creative business models, terms and conditions risk assessments and mitigation approaches. You will support all customer contracting efforts for the Tempe facility, for government, commercial and potentially international programs, with a heavy emphasis on US Government classified efforts.
* This role is in our Tempe, AZ location. Willing to provide relocation.
* 8+ years of progressive government contracts experience and accomplishments including the creation of contracts, proposals and agreements.
* Expertise in FAR Part 15 and FAR Part 12 contracting and regulations
* Able to quickly comprehend business deals, provide strategic input, and effectively tailor the agreements to better meet company objectives.
* Ability to develop and apply solutions to complex problems requiring a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
* Advanced understanding of DoD acquisition policy.
* A superior proficiency in drafting commercial contracts and strategic agreements such as Teaming Agreements, Terms Sheets, Licenses, Sales Representative Agreements and negotiating with a keen eye to recognize and minimize company risk and maximize Viasat's profitable execution success.
* Skilled communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
* Ability to multi-task and administer various responsibilities with internal and external customers while meeting deadlines in a professional and organized manner.
* U.S. Government position. U.S. Citizenship required.
* Top Secret US Government security clearance required, with a willingness and ability to secure clearances for Secure Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Programs (SAPs).
* Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field.
* Travel up to 20%.
* Advanced degree in related field.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Additional Requirements and information
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required
Active United States Top Secret Clearance