Senior Data Analyst - Data Sciences and Advanced Analytics
Employment Type: Full-Time
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
CloudHealth by VMware is the world's most trusted software platform for accelerating business transformation in the cloud. We provide integrated reporting, recommendations, and active policy management to help companies control the problems associated with 'cloud chaos.' Our comprehensive platform gives enterprise companies and MSPs the ability to visualize, optimize and govern their cloud and hybrid environments. CloudHealth Technologies partners with many of the largest enterprise cloud consumers in the world, serving more than 10,000 customers, and managing over $11B in cloud spend.
Our recent acquisition by VMware has put us in a unique position to give our customers and partners access to a portfolio of cloud services that deliver a consistent and actionable view into cost and resource management, security, and performance across multiple clouds.
Job Role and Responsibility:
The Business Operations team is responsible for supporting the CloudHealth Revenue team to deliver best-in-class BI, Data, and Analytic services to the business unit. As a team member of Business Operations at CloudHeatlh, you will lead data, business intelligence, and advanced analytics efforts to drive significant business value for the business unit.
In this role, you will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into driving key business decisions. You will also partner with internal customers to analyze data, leveraging predictive analytics and advanced statistical techniques to drive strategic thought and effective decision making. The Data Analyst helps support all aspects of analytic initiatives from conception to completion.
* Perform exploratory data analysis, analytical modeling, model technique identification, and data-driven decision support
* Support Revenue Team stakeholders in improving effectiveness and revenue contribution through analytic optimizations and strategic insights
* Develop deep knowledge of CloudHealth's data assets, extract and prepare data for modeling from enterprise databases, using SQL and other tools, deriving and sharing insights from visualizations, correlations and other statistics with the greater analytics team.
* Facilitate internal stakeholder engagement discussions on business and data requirements, recommend solutions, and work with team members for solutioning
* Work across a variety of business intelligence, advanced analytics, and data sciences projects. Exposure to operations analytics, channel sales, and/or SaaS project management is a plus
* Drive strategic ownership and guidance on business intelligence and analytics across all functions including internal stakeholders like Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Product Management teams
* Manage all phases of program to success, including initiation, planning, definition, design, development, testing and deployment cycles
* Foresee, manage, and raise appropriate visibility to risks and issues; Drive resolution of any conflicts and escalate as needed to avoid roadblocks
* You would have exposure to BI, advanced analytics, and data sciences in a leading firm for at least 5 years.
* Technical experience in statistics, predictive modeling, and other data sciences, as well as experience in developing datasets and working with data science professionals to capture and articulate requirements in an agile fashion for project execution
* Can you manage senior stakeholders across teams?
* Facilitate exposure to math modeling and analytical techniques for predictive analytics, classification, and segmentation desirable.
* Good exposure to reporting and data visualization tools like Tableau, Einstein, etc.
* Business knowledge of VMware products is added advantage
* Good presentation and summarization skills.
* As a leader of project and program you should demonstrate structured thought process and problem-solving approach
* You should have worked in a global delivery model and enable high impact business and analytics solutions
* Ability to identify and analyze problems using sound judgment and determine solutions to effectively resolve issues.
* Be a 'trusted advisor' in the analytics and reporting space with our stakeholders across functions
* Ability and motivation to work efficiently and productively in a multi-task environment daily, independently, and with minimal supervision
* Work with analytics and business teams across geographies
* Experience is consulting/business developments in analytics environment is added advantage
* Ability to articulate business problems to data driven solutions
* Exposure to Project/Program management with skills to handle risk and mitigation plans
* Good written communication skills to facilitate effective writing of correspondence with internal and external customers.
* Master's degree in business analytics or MBA strongly preferred, not required. Minimum 5+ years of experience working with teams across functions required.
Home Office - Anywhere in the United States
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.