Rich Content Quality & Processing Supv
Employment Type: Full-Time
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Rich Content Quality & Processing Supervisor is responsible for all facets of rich content evaluation, asset management and publishing to support all digital and print channels. The role will lead a team of analysts responsible for the verification and remediation of all content
accuracy prior to publishing to digital and print channels. This role will also manage the image specialist responsible for supporting the visual content creation teams in managing complex data to support the creation of visual content.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Supervise team responsible for the quality control and publishing of all visual rich content and documentation.
* Define processes for the review of visual content prior to publishing to ensure technical quality and accuracy as well as adherence to Rich Content guidelines and standards.
* Ensure best practices are communicated and adhered to in the evaluation of rich content
* Lead in creating solutions that improve the quality of all visual rich content and documentation.
* Educate suppliers on Grainger's rich content quality standards
* Coordinate the involvement of appropriate content teams to ensure inaccurate content and product information are remedied.
* Partner with GTG in the development of data asset management tools
* Compile data that support defined metrics about content processing cycle times and progress.
Preferred Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's or equivilant
* 3 - 5 years of experience
* Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
* Demonstrated successful project management skills
* Excellent organizational skills and obsessive attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills-written, interpersonal and small group presentation. Must be able to translate data into clear insights and recommendations.
* Strong analytical and assessment skills with proven ability to correlate products, data and relationships.
* Proven orientation to detail, accuracy and results
* Experience in managing large sets of product data
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office functionality, especially Excel (Macros, VBA, Pivot Tables, Lookups).
* Ability to work in deadline-driven environment and handle multiple priorities
* Experience in web publishing preferred
Position can be based either in Lake Forest or Chicago post pandemic
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.