Customer Service Agent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Founded in 2013 and based in Lafayette, Louisiana, Waitr is a leader in on-demand food ordering and delivery. Waitr, along with Bite Squad and Delivery Dudes, connect local restaurants to hungry diners in underserved U.S. markets across three 'local's favorite' brands. Together they are a convenient way to discover, order and receive great food from local restaurants, national chains and grocery stores. As of June 30, 2020, Waitr and Bite Squad operated in small and medium sized markets in the United States in over 725 cities.
Delivery Dudes is the newest arm of Waitr. As a smaller company within a company, the Dudes team is assembling a development strike team to tackle key projects in the larger Waitr/Bitesquad ecosystem. We're looking for the most experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a system that powers our suite of applications for ease of use with our customers, restaurants, and drivers.
At Delivery Dudes, being part of a team, building something special is what we are all about and our Engineers take part in all aspects of our process, everything from backend systems, user interfaces, as well as scaling products to take our services to the next level and expedite our deliveries to satisfy our customers.
About the Team:
Delivery Dudes' Customer Loyalty Team is the primary point of contact between our restaurant partners, our customers and DD. A teammate's role requires an employee who is able to work with higher level staff and management, learning our specific systems outlined in 'The Way Of The Dude' and to interact with customers and restaurant partners in a way that reflects what it means to be a Dude!
Why this is the position for you:
The role of the Agent is to make the lives of our customers and restaurant partners better by providing 'unmatched customer service.
To be a part of our team we want your background to include:
* Ability to use and navigate organizational and internal tools (Gmail/Asana/Fifo/Sherlock)
* Use Internal Guidelines to create/edit/place customer's orders
* Providing 'First Class Phone Support' to all customer segmentations
* Manage incoming customer service issues accordingly and elevate those in need of attention to the manager on duty.
* Engage in restaurant menu editing and creations.
* Manage challenging customers with DD's Happiness Guarantee
* Handle chat/messaging services where applicable
* Can type 70 words per minute
* Has a customer service mindset.
* Capable of problem solving customer's issues
* Great interpersonal skills
* Compassionate and an 'It's All Good Dude, We'll Figure It Out' Mindset
* Has strong ability to maintain and nurture client relationships
Education | Experience (Preferred)
* HS Degree
* Work experience in Customer Service
* Basic Computer Knowledge
Why you will want to work for us:
* We're a successful, rapidly-growing company with a fun atmosphere,
* We're the underdogs battling toe-to-toe with the behemoths of the delivery industry
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* You'll work with a smart, experienced teams that wants to do it right, and are open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy, and commend those who take initiative
* We have fun and love what we do!
* We offer a Competitive & comprehensive benefits package including:
* Competitive salaries
* Health, Dental and Vision plans
* Unlimited PTO to ensure our team takes the necessary time off to recharge
* A continued focus and emphasis on work/life balance
Founded in 2009, Delivery Dudes, now part of the Waitr family, was founded as Delray Delivery Dudes in Delray Beach, Florida. We immediately expanded to 70 cities in South Florida, Colorado, Tennessee, Oregon and Pennsylvania. As of 2020, Delivery Dudes services over 2000 restaurants in the country. Delivery Dudes has been making life better one delivery at a time by providing our community with the quality of service they deserve, not the 'leaves-much-to-be-desired' standards set by the industry. We're locals, and community means the world to us. That's why Delivery Dudes gives back by supporting local businesses, sponsoring events, and giving to local charities. It's also why we launched The Dudes Bodega, a service that delivers anything you need during these uncertain times.
Waitr, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Waitr, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Waitr, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.