Maintenance Custodian Associate
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you ready to help shape a member's entire shopping experience by giving them a positive first and last impression? We are looking for people who take pride in their work to join our team. As a Maintenance Associate at Sam's Club, you are responsible for ensuring members see a well-kept parking lot, clean restrooms, and clean floors. This means you are constantly on your feet and on the go. However, maintaining a positive attitude will ensure customers have a great experience from start to finish.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
* You thrive in fast-paced environments
* You take pride in your work
* You're comfortable with change and quickly adapt to different work scenarios
* You keep member satisfaction as your top priority
* You can work an entire shift on your feet and work in physically demanding environments.
You will make an impact by:
* Ensuring a safe and clean environment for members and associates by performing maintenance as necessary
* Ensuring customers have a great first and last impression
* Maintaining a positive attitude
The maintenance associate role is a great way to start a fulfilling career at Sam's Club. Apply now!
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
What you'll do...
Maintains safety of Facility by following all safety standards, procedures, and guidelines including conducting safety sweeps, following proper forklift spotting procedures, following proper procedures for handling and disposing of hazardous materials, following Company steel standard guidelines, and correcting/reporting unsafe situations to Management.
Cleans all areas of the Facility (for example, floors, windows, restrooms, trash receptacles) while following Company procedures, guidelines, and methods, and utilizing approved chemicals, supplies, tools, and equipment.
Ensures a safe and clean environment for Members and Associates by performing maintenance as necessary, responding to spills, operating floor scrubbers, and disposing of cardboard, plastic, and trash in accordance with Company Environmental Sustainability Program.
Maintains appropriate levels of Company-approved chemicals and supplies needed to ensure a safe and clean facility, including ensuring that chemical supplies are rotated and stored in proper containers in preparation for their use and placing orders to replenish supplies are low.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
About Sam's Club
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
* Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
* Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
* Education Assistance from Live Better U - earn your degree for just $1 a day
* Parental Leave
* Pay during military service
* Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
* Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs