KYC Team Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
The KYC Team Lead role reports to the KYC Manager and is responsible for managing the day-to-day KYC processes of the BSA/AML and OFAC compliance program. The KYC Manager role will provide oversight for the KYC function and support the KYC Manager and WAFD in understanding its customer risk profile and developing risk-mitigating controls.
Along with the key functions listed below, this position will be expected to uphold the value that Washington Federal places on simply being nice when working alongside colleagues and servicing our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Support the KYC Manager on the KYC process for high risk customers (e.g. identify the purpose of
* the account, confirm source of wealth, review adverse media, etc.) as part of onboarding, periodic reviews, and event driven reviews;
* Ensure that sufficient customer due diligence (CDD) was collected by the lines of business to develop an understanding of normal and expected activity based on the customer occupation or business operations for high risk customers;
* Design and applying mitigating controls for high risk customer types;
* Assist KYC Manager in the design and applying mitigating controls for high risk customer types;
* Ensure that potentially unusual or suspicious transactions are appropriately identified and escalated appropriately;
* Provide advisory support to the lines of business on KYC issues and concerns as necessary;
* Work with, and supporting, the KYC Manager on issues relating to customer acceptance, customer risk rating, CDD, mitigating controls, adverse media, and any other delegated areas of the BSA/AML and OFAC compliance program;
* Assist in the development and documentation of policies and procedures relating to all aspects of KYC;
* Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to junior KYC staff.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree;
* Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in KYC roles executing the responsibilities described above Relevant industry qualifications in AML (e.g., ACAMS) preferred;
* In-depth knowledge of common money laundering methods and trends;
* In-depth knowledge of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements;
* Ability to make decisions at the Department level;
* Effective writing, analytical, and communications skills;
* Excellent attention to detail;
* Ability to supervise single work unit of employees where planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reviewing work of junior staff is required.