Convenience Site Attendant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Safely direct users of the waste site in the safe disposal of acceptable waste and recyclable materials into the appropriate containers while providing excellent customer service.
* Arrive on time to assigned site and open and close the Convenience Site according to posted schedule.
* Greet each patron upon arrival and direct them in the safe and proper disposal of waste and recyclable materials into the appropriate containers.
* Maintain clean appearance of site facility and grounds by picking up litter, spillage and other debris.
* Assist drivers in covering, picking up and arranging waste containers and in cleaning up spillage and litter.
* Monitor level of waste in each container to ensure sufficient room is available for disposal of additional waste or recyclables.
* Maintain and operate compactor daily.
* Provide assistance when needed to those in need by disposing of their waste.
* Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
* Must be available to work weekend hours.
* Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
* Operate compactor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to operate any vehicle or equipment necessary to perform job.
* Ability to communicate in writing and verbally with others.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and apply to job.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple correspondence and instructions such as company policies and procedures, etc.
* Ability to apply common sense reasoning to carry out uninvolved written and/or oral instructions and to solve general problems.
* Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, and climb.
* Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 20 pounds.
GFL Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!