Research Scientist Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Watts is looking for an innovative Research Scientist Intern for the Water Quality platform will gain exposure and practical experience by focus on extending the life of N,N-Diethyl-p-phenylenediamine sulfate salt dissolved in water, when stored at 55oC.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Understanding of Chemistry principals
* Basic chemistry and sample testing
* Operation of laboratory instrumentation
* Literature review, experiment design, testing and reporting
* Candidates must be a current student pursuing a bachelor's in Chemistry or other Physical Science
* No direct reports
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S., and not require sponsorship now or in the future
* Experience with data collection via laboratory, portable, and process instrumentation
* Strong math skills
* Excellent organization and time management skills
* Strong computer skills required including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
* Familiar with general laboratory safety and chemical hygiene
* Must work well with others
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Generally, works in a chemical lab environment but is also required to perform job duties in a typical office setting.
* This position regularly requires large amounts of time to be spent using lab equipment, which generally entails regular and repetitive motions along with exposure to loud noises and chemical material. All safety procedures should be adhered to in these situations.
* This position also requires some amount of time to be spent using computer equipment, which entails regular and repetitive motions.
* Will regularly be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or chemicals. All safety procedures should be adhered to in each of these situations.
* As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.