Social Worker - Master's Level
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to 'Always Do The Right Thing!'Overview
Our Master's level Social Worker independently assesses, diagnoses and treats patients from a clinical and psychosocial perspective and provides group and family therapeutic interventions, and makes professional judgments of clinical and psychosocial needs. Advocates for patients. Functions independently to coordinate all aspects of discharge and educates self as to relevant legal issues related to patient care. Keeps current with developments in clinical approaches, negotiates effective communication between the recovery team and families, guardians and community providers.Additional Details
Certification/License Required: Licensed Clinical Social Worker Clinical Social WorkerQualificationsEducation for Social Worker:
Experience for Social Worker:
- Master's Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling is required
Licenses/Certifications for Social Worker:
- Two (2) years of experience with the severe and persistent mentally ill is preferred
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor
- Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with age and life span developmental needs of each patient.
- Develops bio-psychosocial summaries, develops and implements interventions for barriers to discharge, coordinates all discharge planning and related documentation. Advocates and negotiates with internal and external statewide systems on behalf of patients consistent with professional conduct and standards.
- Independently provides all care activities and appropriately seeks direction for unusual situations. Provides crisis intervention and assists families in understanding the complexities of mental illness.
- Utilizes patient contact as opportunities for empowering therapeutic interventions.
- Consistently attends and represents clinical needs of patients during community meetings and recovery team meetings. Conducts professional assessment of family needs and provides family therapy as clinically determined. Provides counseling and facilitates therapeutic groups in accordance with patient's recovery plan objectives and needs.
- Maintains medical records. Updates all discharge information and documents direct and collateral contacts into medical record.
- Cooperates with colleagues to serve the well-being of patients. Participates in and contributes to decisions that affect patients' well-being. Determines when consultation with colleagues is in patients' best interests and determines best practices based on such consultation. Maintains professional and effective relationships with staff members.
- Independently promotes self-knowledge and professional growth by attending educational offerings and achieving and maintaining state mental health licensure. Participates in clinical supervision as needed. Maintains a sense of urgency and persistence about client service. Independently prioritizes assignments and workload on a continual basis.
- Works to improve hospital service delivery. Participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of performance improvement activities.
- Serves as practicum instructor for graduate or undergraduate social work interns in practicum setting.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as individuals, and considers cultural factors when providing care and treatment.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer