Campus Service Workers/Custodial - Facilities & Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Looking to move forward in your career? West Virginia University is hiring Campus Service Workers! With a variety of locations and shifts available, working in the Facilities Management department at WVU will give you the flexibility you need.
Campus Service Workers provide a variety of maintenance and support services to the University, maintaining buildings and grounds across campus. They are front-line professionals who enhance the atmosphere of WVU, using every opportunity to provide a pleasant, positive and high-quality learning environment.
To make this mission as simple and successful as possible, CSWs have access to state-of-the art equipment, from eco-friendly air filters to lightweight vacuums and scrubbers. The Facilities team uses science-based procedures, tools and products to clean for health and reduce the spread of germs and disease.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
* Clean and maintain interior appearance of all buildings, including floors, carpets, furniture, walls, bathrooms, kitchens and more.
* Clean and maintain exterior appearance of all buildings, including removing leaves and debris, cleaning gutters, removing snow and ice, spreading salt, washing graffiti and more.
* Operate various machinery, including walk-behind and riding scrubbers, high-speed burnishers, and hand and power tools.
* Properly mix and dilute commercial strength disinfectants, detergents and solutions, calculating the appropriate amount to use.
* Relocate offices and classrooms by lifting and loading/unloading furniture, file cabinets, boxes, etc. using handtrucks, dollies and other equipment.
* Assist in set-up and tear-down of equipment for special events.
* Perform miscellaneous tasks, including collecting trash and recycling, replenishing supplies, locking/unlocking doors, assisting other workers and responding to various requests.
* Remain current in safety requirements and attend periodic training sessions.
The Division of Facilities and Services encompasses two units that are integral to the University's success. Our units employ talented and skilled workers whose jobs range from maintaining, protecting and improving the University's buildings and grounds. Facilities and Services takes care of every aspect of WVU so that its employees, students and guests are safe and satisfied on campus.
Work Hours: Day shifts available
Pay Grade: 7
WVU provides competitive wages for its employees, and takes related experience and education into consideration when determining appropriate salary.
WVU offers a comprehensive benefits package, 12 paid holidays and generous paid time off, as well as many other discounts and services. Learn more about available benefits at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/benefits-and-compensation.
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent
* 0-6 months directly related experience (Preference may be given to candidates with greater amounts of directly related experience)#06022021