Employment Type: Full-Time
WeWork began in 2010 with a vision to build the first global physical platform designed to bring people together. Today, we offer access to a desk, an office, a headquarters, or an entire building in hundreds of cities around the world; with over a third of the Fortune 500 companies being part of the WeWork community.
About this Role
This role will be responsible for the technical security services requests and solutions that are processed through WeWork's first and best in class 24/7/365 Global Security Operations Center.
(GSOC), which will provide the highest level of customer service for WeWork's 585,000 members, 6,000 employees in 38 countries, and over 27 languages.
The GSOC will be responsible for overseeing work employees and communities, monitoring events that have the potential to compromise the security of WeWork's Executives, Employees, Members, Visitors, and assets.
The GSOC Technician will focus on technical and tactical level execution of the GSOC operations, as well as the input into the ongoing development of standard operating procedures and practices for GSOC operations.
* Manage all GSOC service requests for physical security technology systems within WeWork's global footprint, including the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, and the Pacific Region.
* Manage all service requests for repairs, maintenance, and additional hardware/systems within the United States and Canada Region.
* Assign access cards to new employees, cleaners, and contractors.
* Track trends in tickets and service needs to assess changes in our hardware or applications. Manage the Global security service request system (Salesforce).
* Be GSR's subject matter expert in all areas of WeWork's access control systems and policies. Troubleshoot technical security issues and assess the need for external service.
* Advise the GSOC Manager on technical security solutions and potential threats to our system and infrastructure.
* Assist the GSOC Manager with Standard Operating Procedure and Incident Action Plan development and maintenance.
* Provide technical training to the GSOC Operators.
* Support development and delivery of security awareness programs.
* Support Investigations, Emergency Management & Intelligence
* Data Trend Analysis and Travel Security Support
* Experience in a Global Security Operations Center and Emergency Call Center operations
* Ability to provide excellent customer service to all members of the WeWork community
* Dynamic and team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, and superior work ethic
* Ability to work any shift assigned, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
* Ability to multitask in a dynamic work environment and manage competing priorities
* Possess a positive attitude and the ability to adapt in an evolving environment
* Must be highly motivated and have a sense of task ownership
* Strong attention to detail and organization
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with access control software, systems, and hardware
* Experience with CCTV/video management software, systems, and hardware
* Experience operating in enterprise systems with global reach
* Possess a solid employment history demonstrating reliability and dependability
* Bachelors degree in security operations, criminal justice, IT, system administration, or related field
* Technical understanding of physical security technology (CCTV, Alarms, access control)
* Understanding of basic networking concepts (IP addresses, MAC addresses, troubleshooting)
* Experience managing and/or monitoring access control and CCTV systems
* Experience with helpdesk and ticket request management systems and applications
* Experience with service management software
* Experience with S2 access control system
* Experience with Feenix access control system
* Experience with Panasonic Video Insight video management system
* Experience with Arcules video management system
* Experience using Salesforce and/or other ticket management system
* Experience in the areas of emergency/disaster management, physical security, critical incident stress management, risk management, and business resiliency
* Experience working as part of a global team, spanning multiple time zones and cultures
* Highly proficient in all Microsoft applications
* Highly proficient in all Google apps and programs
* Fluency in language(s) other than English
* Military, intelligence, law enforcement, or geopolitical risk analysis experience
The Successful Applicant Will
* Be a self-starter - We Company Global Security & Safety is a dynamic team securing a creative culture
* Be a valued Global Security & Safety team player - Security is 24/7 and we work together to get it done
* Have an innovative mindset and be creative by nature
* Be a confident public speaker, with the ability to influence management and stakeholders
* Demonstrate a high-level of attention to detail
* Be able to multitask across multiple platforms, departments, time zones, and cultures
* Be able to liaise with external safety and security organizations in a professional manner
* Maintain the highest professional standards at all times
Life at WeWork
Just as we empower our community, we believe in empowering our team to create their own life's work. We move fast and challenge each other, but we always make sure we look out for one another. Our culture and values are what make working here rewarding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about diversity at WeWork here.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork -- like a growing number of employers -- is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation. If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work -- currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams -- will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.