CRM Digital Product Owner - Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition ID: 43706
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and Yummly. In 2020, the company reported approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
This role in summary:
The Product Owner, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), will report to the CRM Manager on the Direct to Consumer (D2C), Digital, and Media (DDM) team. This is a key role in our newly developed CRM organization. We're looking for a product owner focused on unlocking technology to deliver consumer-centric 1:1 experience. This position will define business requirements and work closely with our Martech team to enable email, direct mail, and digital media journeys, tracks, and next best action to unlock DDM marketing ambitions. A successful candidate will be able to understand CRM strategies of Whirlpool audience-based strategy and partner with multiple teams to unlock marketing technology and will be responsible for the delivery of engaging personalized experiences and revenue associated with CRM activations. Overall, the candidate must be able to communicate with senior and executive stakeholders on key CRM initiatives - including new and emerging technologies, project status, progress and risk / dependencies, and act as trusted advisor with development teams, business partners and cross-functional stakeholders to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency and collaboration.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Product Owner for CRM activation across Whirlpool Corporation portfolio of brands
* Partner with agencies and the Product Owner for Martech to provide business input to prioritize epics/features and break down these epics/features into smaller backlog items that can be delivered during sprints.
* Key participant in sprint planning, who is responsible for prioritizing the backlog, clarifying user stories and acceptance criteria, and using collaboration tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, and Smartsheets) to facilitate WIP.
* Write clear and detailed business requirements and acceptance criteria
* Nourish product backlog, making sure a recurring cadence is followed so the backlog is always fully groomed, and a pipeline of work is always available for the scrum team to execute against.
* Collaborate with other scrum team members to clarify user stories, resolve issues, and remove impediments that might be preventing the team from achieving its sprint goal.
* Present and articulate the work that has been completed in a sprint to an audience of business stakeholders during sprint reviews.
* Continuously gather feedback and update the product backlog so every possible product improvement is always being captured, whether directly from voice of the customer, campaign effectiveness and engagement, brand partner, or Product Manager.
* Leverage website, audience, or campaign data to inform recommendations or improvements to relevant CRM activations for customer shopping or post purchase stages.
* Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of the CRM stack.
* Bachelor's Degree
* 2+ years' experience working in agile software development environments
* 2+ years' experience managing CRM programs across email and paid media platforms.
* 2+ years' experience managing multiple teams, projects simultaneously
* 2+ years' experience optimizing, developing, and segmenting first-party (1P) audiences
* 2+ years' experience as a Product Owner in a Scrum environment
Preferred skills and experiences:
* Digital certifications in addition to degree
* Leadership to drive product excellence and garner team alignment
* Written and verbal communication skills
* Direct mail experience
* Product experience with Adobe Marketing Cloud
Connect with us and learn more about Whirlpool Corporation
See what it's like to work at Whirlpool by visiting Whirlpool Careers. Additional information about the company can be found on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Niles
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Job Segment: Social Media, Information Systems, Cloud, CRM, Product Manager, Marketing, Technology, Operations