Manager Mobile Application Security Testing - US remote US
Employment Type: Full-Time
Manager Mobile Application Security Testing (MAST)
Who We Are:
In July of 2019, WhiteHat was acquired by NTT Ltd., a leading global technology services company. This immediately enabled WhiteHat to bring solutions and professional services to clients in over 100 countries where NTT Ltd. operates. With major wins in 2019 across the Americas, Europe, Australia and Japan, WhiteHat Security continues to leverage channel partners, direct sales teams, and the global presence of NTT Ltd. to service customers worldwide. In May 2020, we were named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing (AST). This Leader position is based on the ability to execute and completeness of vision. This is WhiteHat's fifth time being named a Leader in this report.
What We're Looking For:
With the ubiquity of mobile devices, the need to secure applications running on these devices is at an all-time high. Your primary role will be leading WhiteHat's Mobile Security team conducting security assessments on Android and iOS mobile applications. These assessments entail dynamic testing (tampering with and analyzing mobile traffic), reverse-engineering mobile apps, performing static-code analysis, forensics and more.
In addition to performing assessments, you will be engaged in mobile vulnerability research in order to take WhiteHat's Mobile Security service to the next level.
As a member of WhiteHat Security's Threat Research Center, you will be an integral part of the team that delivers our proprietary Sentinel service to our corporate clients. The Threat Research Center analyzes thousands of websites and applications for vulnerabilities every day. You will work with industry leaders and some of the smartest minds in the world of software security, to help WhiteHat clients manage their application security risks across the enterprise.
What You'll Be Doing:
* Perform security assessments on Android and iOS apps
* Engage in vulnerability review calls with clients to present assessment findings, discuss risks, and provide remediation guidance and support
* Perform ongoing mobile security research
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of our Mobile Security service, by developing new assessment techniques, process improvements, and documenting best practices.
What We Value:
* Demonstrated commitment to a career in Web and Mobile Security
* Practical understanding of OWASP top 10 and OWASP mobile application security guide
* Familiar with tools like Burp Proxy, Xcode, Android Studio, Cycript, GDB, and ADBShell
* Unix/Linux Command Line Interface skills
* General knowledge of Android and/or iOS platform architecture
* Familiar with Cloud based services and intimacies of uploading binary configurations
* Programming knowledge, especially Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
* Familiar with programming languages such as Java, Objective-C, C, Swift
* Strong attention to detail (We're not kidding)
* Self-motivated, demonstrated problem-solving skills
* Team player, willing to learn, research, and teach others
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Manage technical support staff including hiring, coordinating training and performance evaluations
* Manage multiple teams that are geographically dispersed in CA, TX and Europe and provide applicable direction.
* Manage partners that will be used in augmenting team and providing capacity to scale the business.
* Train/mentor existing Tech Support team to improve product knowledge and resolution communication skills
* Allocate resources to maximize team performance
* Analyze trends and manage the internal/external escalation and customer contacts.
* Monitor and report internal and external performance metrics and make recommendations for improvements
* Ensure that all calls, tickets and emails are logged in the ticketing systems and resolved quickly
* Work with other managers and the support team to implement new procedures and processes