Newborn Hearing Screener
Employment Type: Part-Time
Hearing Screening Associates is a full-service company that offers an all-inclusive service for screening the hearing of newborn infants. The concept covers everything from personnel and testing to equipment to reporting and billing.
The Newborn Hearing Screening Technician performs mandated hearing screening tests for newborn infants, provides education to parents pertaining to the relevance of hearing screening and early intervention, and records patient information and hearing screen results. The screener is responsible to conduct these hearing screening tests prior to patient discharge supporting patient care goals and objectives. This part-time position is based in a busy Newborn Nursery / NICU hospital setting.
* Conducts newborn hearing screenings on all infants in the nursery and NICU prior to discharge from the hospital, coordinates post-discharge follow up care as needed utilizing appropriate procedures and computer technology.
* Works directly with nursing staff, patients, and parents to communicate relevance of hearing screening and early intervention to support positive outcomes; provide screening results to parents. Must be able to analyze and communicate responses to problem situations in a manner consistent with the company and customer's needs.
* Maintain and use hearing screening equipment, assist with database management.
* Interacts as needed with various hospital departments; Performs duties in accordance with the policies and procedures of HSA, hospitals, and respective departments.
* Upholds the code of conduct and compliance policies.
* Upon completion of HSA/Hospital training; has thorough knowledge of procedural variables and instrumentation in the application of Otoacoustic Emissions Assessment, Transient Emissions, and Automated Auditory Brainstem Response (AABR) testing.
* All other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
* One (1) or more years of healthcare or childcare training/experience, or related college curriculum is a plus.
* Possess basic computer skills.
* Ability to attend all company provided training.
* Willingness and ability to learn and operate hearing screening equipment.
* Must be able to move or lift up to 15 pounds.
Employment is contingent upon the following:
* Clear seven (7) year background check
* Verifiable prior employment including title and dates of hire
* Criminal history
* Must pass Drug Test
* Bloodwork required to verify immunization Titers
* Vaccinations as required by hospitals, including Flu Vaccine
Hearing Screening Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Hearing Screening Associates (HSA) is part of the Demant Group. Demant is a world-leading hearing healthcare group that for more than a century has played a vital part in developing innovative technologies and know-how to help improve people's hearing and health. In every aspect, from hearing devices, hearing implants and diagnostic equipment to intelligent audio solutions and hearing care all over the world, Demant is active and engaged.
The Demant Group operates in a global market with companies in more than 30 countries, employs more than 14,500 staff and generates annual revenue of DKK 14 billion (approx. 2.1 billion USD). Our products are sold in more than 130 countries.