Loan Originator Assistant - Crystal Lake, Illinois
Employment Type: Full-Time
Wintrust Mortgage is not like other mortgage providers. For us, it's not just about products and price. It's about service. Service to our customers and our community. Whether you're buying your first home or refinancing, Wintrust Mortgage is your calm, clear and experienced guide through the mortgage process.
Wintrust Mortgage was created to assist in the realization of the American dream of home ownership. Since its founding in 1981, Wintrust Mortgage has weathered the ever changing real estate market. As a full service federally-chartered lender with offices located across the country, Wintrust Mortgage is dedicated to providing customers with a wide range of mortgage products. To compliment the basic Conventional, FHA and VA Programs, Wintrust Mortgage is positioned to meet the needs of the continually evolving mortgage market. Wintrust Mortgage is a part of Wintrust Financial Corporation, a well capitalized, diverse, financial services company.
As a Loan Originator Assistant, responsibilities include:
* Assist in the origination, processing, and closing of loans.
* Monitor the status of each file and ensures accurate and efficient processing through closing to include guideline research.
* Review files to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
* Work with internal and external customers.
* Reach out to referral sources (attorneys, agents, etc.) on the Loan Officer's behalf.
* Assist in marketing the Loan Officer's services to new prospective referral partners, by utilizing marketing materials.
* Manage day to day transactions and relationships with customers and vendors.
* Meet with potential borrowers to analyze financial situation and needs for purchase or refinance, gather necessary documentation for the loan process, etc.
* Provide necessary documentation to processing and underwriting departments to ensure timely loan closings.
* Work with our Operations staff to make sure all documentation meets required conditions. If not, work with clients to get all necessary information to meet the condition for the loan.
* Assist in monitoring pipeline to make sure we are meeting contingency dates.
* Must have working knowledge of mortgage loans and or/loan procedures.
* Other Duties as assigned.
* High school or equivalent degree.
* Must have excellent multi-tasking, interpersonal, organizational, communication (both written and oral), and telephone etiquette skills.
* Must be a self starter, motivated, energetic, with excellent time-management skills.
* Ability to work independently and take direction.
* Updated and Current knowledge of Fannie/Freddie guidelines.
* Must possess a working knowledge of computers to include MS Word, Excel and Internet.
* Minimum of 3-5 years (current) mortgage banking experience or related experience in sales/marketing.
* Encompass experience preferred.
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran. We request applicants refrain from disclosing current or historical compensation information during the recruitment process; any disclosed detail will not be taken into account as applicants are considered for employment.