Senior Data Steward
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Senior Data Steward will be responsible for managing data quality within our Master Data Management (MDM) system in support of the enterprise digital strategy . They will help establish a data governance structure with the line of business as it relates to MDM. This role requires strong technical and data management skills and will pursue self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing resources, information and knowledge with co-workers and internal customers.
* Work with the business to establish rules, correct and troubleshoot data discrepancies within Informatica MDM.
* Deliver on ad-hoc data requests and seek opportunities for continuous process improvement.
* Help establish a framework and coordinate an MDM Data Governance Working Group with business data stewards.
* Document on-going rules and methods of handling MDM data discrepancies.
* 5-7 years of related experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Prior Use and Knowledge of MDM, preferably in a data stewardship capacity (Informatica experience preferred)
* Experience implementing data governance process and procedures across business units with master data management principles and techniques
* Ability to design, document and establish agreement on solutions for MDM problems using business analysis skills
* Experience delivering on ad-hoc data requests
* Comfortability working with and providing structure to ambiguity
* Proven ability to work across departments to collaboratively resolve issues, drive issues to closure, achieve desired results/goals and or implement change as needed
* Excellent communication skills with respect to both technical and non-technical audiences at various levels of the organization
* Prior experience in developing custom data quality rules/scripts (Informatica IDQ experience a plus)
* Prior experience working with and training business data stewards a plus
* Experience working in Banking and/or Financial Services is preferred
* Passionate about learning new technologies and solving hard problems in a fast-paced environment
* Must be self-directed and have excellent initiative and organization skills
* Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
Founded in 1991 with the idea to be the alternative to the big banks, Wintrust has since grown into a financial services company with more than $36 billion in assets, headquartered in Rosemont, Illinois. Through our multiple companies and divisions, we provide traditional community banking and commercial banking services, wealth management solutions, commercial and life insurance premium financing, mortgage origination, and short-term accounts receivable financing and certain administrative services, such as data processing of payrolls, billing, and treasury management services. We provide community-oriented personal and business banking services to customers located in the greater Chicagoland area, northwest Indiana, and southern Wisconsin through more than 175 community bank locations.
We provide an engaging, dynamic work environment, an excellent compensation package including 401k, employee stock purchase plan, medical/dental, life insurance and more!
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran. We request applicants refrain from disclosing current or historical compensation information during the recruitment process; any disclosed detail will not be taken into account as applicants are considered for employment.