Intermediate Commercial Attorney
Employment Type: Full-Time
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood, a multi-national, world class engineering and construction company, is seeking to fill an intermediate level position in its Commercial group. The candidate would report directly to the VP Commercial for Wood's Resilient Environments Business Group located in Kennesaw, Ga.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in handling complex design build contracts, transportation/ P-3 contracts as well as engineering/consultancy contracting. The duties will entail contract drafting and negotiations on large, multi-million-dollar, complex contracts with both multi-national private entities as well as state and local governments in US and Canada.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with an excellent ability to grasp legal and business issues quickly, communicate well and operate closely with Operations Managers across Wood's North America Resilient Environments business. Equally important, the candidate must be willing and able to provide practical and constructive commercial advice to Operations Managers in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment. The position is an excellent opportunity for career advancement in a renown, multi-national, engineering and consultancy company.
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will be expected to bring the following credentials and understanding to the position:
* 4 to 5 years' experience as an in-house commercial attorney with a consultancy or construction company, or with a law firm representing construction or consultancy companies like Wood
* Degree from an accredited law school
* Demonstrated capability in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex design build, engineering/consulting, or construction contracts
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Practical and proactive problem-solving skills
* Strong business acumen and excellent judgment
* Personable, critical thinker able to partner with Operations Managers
* Driven to achieve excellent results and win-win negotiations for Operations and Clients
* Ability to work independently and under time pressured deadlines
* Highest ethics, mature, confident, and able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic business environment
* Competent computing skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.