Employment Type: Full-Time
Plans and carries out in vivo experiments and associated research assignments in rodents. Responsible for assigned studies from set up to sample check in using the proper techniques/software to carry the experimental phase to completion.
* Performs in vivo dosing and biological sample collection techniques on rodents.
* Tracks and conducts vivarium facility maintenance (RODAC, pest control, lighting checks, etc.)
* Has completed training on routine and advanced in vivo techniques, has independence of action in lab processes and analyses.
* Independently performs in vivo experimental functions in rodents, including: in life observations, dose administrations, sample collections, sample analysis, necropsy, and euthanasia procedures.
* Individual performs routine laboratory techniques and more difficult procedures independently.
* Escorts service engineers to the appropriate work area or instrumentation and assist with troubleshooting the event.
* Participates in supply inventory and helps in ordering specific supplies (JDE system).
* Assists in coordination of husbandry tasks including observations, cage change outs, daily cleaning, and operating the rack wash.
* Tracks and conducts routine vivarium facility environmental monitoring and maintenance (RODAC, pest control, lighting checks, etc.).
* Performs dosing and blood collection techniques on study with high accuracy.
* Evaluates the need for laboratory waste disposal and coordinates the execution.
* Independently performs routine laboratory techniques, sample analysis, and procedures.
* Receives specific instructions on task and expected results.
* Delivers accurate results on assigned tasks within or ahead of the expected timeframe.
* Trains junior level scientists.
* Has a full understanding of the study and method; troubleshoots unexpected results.
* Maintains research notebooks in a well-organized manner. All necessary documentation is recorded.
* Performs routine and more complex calculations, tabulates and records results.
* Reviews more complex calculations and records.
* Prepares accurate data summaries without supervision.
* Prepares accurate reports of scientific experiments without supervision.
* Complies with all safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe workplace without supervision.
* Assumes responsibility for technical accuracy of work.
* Learns and enhances technical knowledge of pharmaceutical areas, DMPK, ADME, In Life, Metabolism, and Bioanalysis.
* Participates in writing and review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and suggests practical changes.
* Promotes implementation and compliance with WuXi AppTec, Inc. safety policies, practices, and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment and minimize or eliminate injury.
* Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education:
* Post Doctorate Scientist in a related scientific discipline
* 0 - 2 or more years, or equivalent.
* Master's degree in animal science, biology, or a related scientific discipline.
* >4 years of relevant experience in animal research or related field, or equivalent.
* Bachelor's degree in animal science, biology, or a related discipline.
* >7 years of relevant experience in animal research or related field, or equivalent.
* Any similar combination of education and experience.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
* Has developed broad proficiency in scientific discipline and demonstrates a solid understanding of experiments relevant to specific job responsibility
* Increased understanding of relevant technical aspects as well as literature and data base searching
* Collaboratively researches and proposes methodologies for projects
* Determines and discusses methods and procedures on new assignments
* Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Good time management skill in order to perform of multiple projects within deadlines
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Follow and adhere to nonGLP guidelines/SOPs consistent with WuXi AppTec requirement
Physical Requirements: Physical Requirements:
* Must be able to work in a laboratory/office environment with laboratory noise conditions.
* Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/Biohazards/ Chemicals
* Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
* Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
* Ability to stand /sit/walk for long periods of time
* Ability to Lift 50 lbs occasionally
* Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
* Ability to push/pull 50 lbs occasionally
* Clarity of vision
* Ability to identify and distinguish colors
* Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
* Ability to climb ladders /stairs
* Ability to work in variable temperatures warm to freezing
* Inside working conditions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.